Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heard good and bad things about modular depot. My buddy has his mach there and he put a blower on and it blew up on the dyno when they were tuning it. So they built him a motor and taken months to get it done well he made a 4 hr drive up there the other day bc they said it would b done well he drives all the way up there and turns out they put the wrong cams in it something about the lobes were too big and they were hitting something anyways wasted trip and aggrevation which in my opinion they should know what cams to be putting in since they tune and build motors everyday. They order new cams and say it would b done in about a week he calls them to see if its done and they say they have to pull the motor to put the cams in bc something is holding the cams from coming out so now he still waiting. But just seem there not too concerned on getting his car done and havent been to cool about things considering hes payed the bill in full. I planned on going there for a tune but dont know now like i said heard good things and bad things. Any opinions Thanks

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I've been hosed by a tune shop in the past, so now i'm very cautious about taking the car to any shop. Sounds like they had a brain fart at that shop...now if they correct the problem, then yeah go with them. Still would make me second guess taking the car to them though. If you have time and patience you could always go the data logging route...i personally feel it gives a better tune than dyno...but that is an opinion that many argue as not the best approach.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts