Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
amateur adult film star
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so yeah i pulled into a parking spot and pulled up on the ebrake and i know something went loose or something cause now it comes up higher than normal and it does not go down as far as its supposed to(its not flush when down like it was). my ebrake/ parking brake still works. any body have an idea on what happend? or any one know what to look for and how to get too it?

ps manual tranny car

·
amateur adult film star
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
youre gona have to get under your car, one side might have came out of one of the calipers

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Not to threadjack or anything, but I have been having problems with mine as well. The first time I pull it to park (on EVERY occasion) it will pop (release) and my car will start rolling if I don't have it in gear. I have to pull it once, drop it, and pull it again to keep it from releasing.

Thoughts?

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
my car did this for a while, then found the problem a couple months later. there is a nut that is welded to the trans tunnel; wel, the weld and part of the tunnel broke. i had to clean it up and weld it back. i would take the center console out and look. its easy to take the console out.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yea, both my ebrake rear cables were frozen when I bought my car last year and the owner had broke the ebrake handle mechanisim in the process. It was a PITA to fix until you figure out how it works. Lots of 4 letter words LOL

·
amateur adult film star
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my car did this for a while, then found the problem a couple months later. there is a nut that is welded to the trans tunnel; wel, the weld and part of the tunnel broke. i had to clean it up and weld it back. i would take the center console out and look. its easy to take the console out.
i think thats it i looked down in there good and its the very front bolt that came out

1 - 7 of 7 Posts