Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm considering two different supercharger packages from brenspeed. Im going to stick with these guys because there service has been amazing. I cant decide which package to get...the saleen stage 3 kit or the edelbrock stage 1. I know my goal of a low 12 sec street car is attainable with either, but which one do you guys think is better and why? My main concern is reliability, but also efficiency. Which supercharger has the most power potential? Thanks for your input...

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:asshole

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
guys have been doing a ton of stuff with the Saleen one since it has come out...........its been proven over and over agian........the e-force is still pretty new not much said yet

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
guys have been doing a ton of stuff with the Saleen one since it has come out...........its been proven over and over agian........the e-force is still pretty new not much said yet
What do you mean not much has said about it? It's a proven kit that is making incredible power and putting some amazing times at the track.

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
The Saleen is a very good blower and can more than satisfy most people's power needs, but if you want to push a little bit higher power while keeping within the Saleen's price range, then the E-Force or Roush TVS is for you.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i would recommend the e-force too just cause they look so gorgeous under the hood. but why not the tvs? there about the same price and the tvs kicks ass.
As i understand it, the edelbrock is a TVS. Brenspeed doesnt carry the roush kit.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I would say Edelbrock. About 150hp, at only 5 psi

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Check what 05bluestang has to say about the e-brock, I believe he has some experience with them. Both kits are similarly priced so I would probably go with the e-brock just cuz its a TVS and it has more room to grow then the Saleen would. Not interested in the SuperShaker Saleen kit?

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I really like the supershaker, but I'm not sure if I'm crazy about how loud it is

·
Registered
292 Posts
For whatever reason some people have an issue with the edlebrock brand, which I don't understand, but bang for the buck I don't see how you can beat their package. In particular since it has previously been pointed out that it uses the eaton TVS rotors as its foundation, which I think everyone universally agrees is the best way to go for a non centri super charger.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I really like the supershaker, but I'm not sure if I'm crazy about how loud it is
Yeah, the SuperShaker looks awesome, but has the loudest blower whine I've heard so far for the new stangs. The Techco blower is pretty sweet, but expensive. It has a different whine too.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
I'm partial to the Roush TVS R2300 myself (I like the classic blower-on-top-of-engine with snout pulley look), but with the two choices you posted, Edelbrock FTW! (without the Darth Vader helmet covering your coils, please). :yes

1 - 20 of 173 Posts