Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a buddy who runs e85 and he says he doesn't regret it and claims he picked up at least a 10% hp gain. I was just wondering is it worth it first off all? and what all is required to run e85? thanks.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
I have a buddy who runs e85 and he says he doesn't regret it and claims he picked up at least a 10% hp gain. I was just wondering is it worth it first off all? and what all is required to run e85? thanks.
Is it worth it, not in my opinion, especially with the cost of corn now. It is capable of increasing HP with the right tune since there is less chance of detonation. It will require larger injectors and a tune, not sure what else is needed.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
If you don't need it as an alternative for race fuel in a high compression / boost situation, them it won't benefit you at all. Plus the cost of it is too high as a trade off fuel anyway for even flex vehicles since it takes more. I haven't put it in my Tahoe in ages.

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,965 Posts
What he said^ If your buddy is n/a, low compression and no spray, he's full of crap. I've had countless cars on the dyno that could run on lower octane fuel just fine, and they pick up nothing with e85. Now, high compression, boosted, nos, yep, you'll see a big improvement over 93.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok, I see why he benefited from it he has a procharger and 125 shot. it just sparked my curiosity thanks for the replies!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.