1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
E85 - biggest media con of all times.

·
Registered
922 Posts
A. its still gasoline. B. You dont save much money. C. It takes a sh1t load of fossile fuels just to process and create the E85, so there goes all your savings by using it. D. Farmers are using more of their land to grow the corn, thusly using less of their land for other crops, driving up the prices. E. And there are plenty of other reason, but you simpletons still wouldnt get it, so why bother.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
A. its still gasoline. B. You dont save much money. C. It takes a sh1t load of fossile fuels just to process and create the E85, so there goes all your savings by using it. D. Farmers are using more of their land to grow the corn, thusly using less of their land for other crops, driving up the prices. E. And there are plenty of other reason, but you simpletons still wouldnt get it, so why bother.

:funnah

He gets my write in vote for president.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
While I will agree it doesn't save you much money. It however uses alot less fossil fuels to create E85 then it does straight gasoline. Since you are using only 15% Gasoline you are using alot less fossil fuels. I agree it puts a strain on the corn, but you don't need corn to make ethanol. you can make it by using sawdust as well. Thats how the 'ol hot rodders make theire alcohol.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
E85 is an awesome fuel, but you better have some large injectors if you plan on making power with it. The interesting thing is that most flex fuel vehicles when run on E85, don't get as good MPG. So keep that in mind if you are going to buy it. Most cases it's more cost efficient or better to just buy regular gas and get your regular gas mileage.

I was told the other day that in order to benifit from using E85 for daily use it needs to be $1.00 a gallon to compare to gasoline. E85 makes 12,500 btu as compared to gasoline 18,000 - 19,000 btu. It takes 1.4 gallons of E85 to equal 1 gallon of gasoline....

We just got a station locally that carries it, and its $2.75/gal.... so realistically... $2.75*1.4 = $3.85/gal

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Who cares? Corn has no nutritional value to the human body what-so-ever. A corn crop is solemly used for corn, so why are they using more of their crops if thats what the crop is for in the first place?

It takes a **** load of fossil fuel to create and process E85? I can make E85 in my kitchen, even to mass produce it.. it doesnt take fossil fuels to help the process. E85 is 85% alcohol, so how is it still gasoline?

·
Registered
922 Posts
Who cares? Corn has no nutritional value to the human body what-so-ever. A corn crop is solemly used for corn, so why are they using more of their crops if thats what the crop is for in the first place?

It takes a **** load of fossil fuel to create and process E85? I can make E85 in my kitchen, even to mass produce it.. it doesnt take fossil fuels to help the process. E85 is 85% alcohol, so how is it still gasoline?
It still contains gasoline, and do you have an E85 plant in your kitchen, ya tard? And Im not talking about corn, Im talking about the crops they dont grow because they are making more corn than they otherwise would be. Geez, you morons cant even read, how in the hell do I expect you people to understand economics and the environment.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts

E85 is 85% Ethanol (corn wiskey) 15% Gasoline.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
It still contains gasoline, and do you have an E85 plant in your kitchen, ya tard? And Im not talking about corn, Im talking about the crops they dont grow because they are making more corn than they otherwise would be. Geez, you morons cant even read, how in the hell do I expect you people to understand economics and the environment.
:blah

Yea because us idiots just don't know much 'bout our cars and whatnot, and them there econamics you speak of.
We understand just fine. It's you that is out of your head. Next you are gonna say running your diesel on vegetable oil is usin a crap load of fossil fuels as well.

:nuts

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
actually that corn that is being produced isn't being used as food anyways, most of it is being turned into feed for animals. small portions go into high fructose corn syrup and ethanol production.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Dont forget the whole new fuel system to have to add to you car. MUST be stainless teel due to the corrosiveness of E85. it'll eat through your stock lines like termites in a lumber yard

·
Registered
193 Posts
fact is mustangs weren't designed to run on e85. also, you may save pennies at the pump, but your gas mileage will drop b/c it takes more e85 gasoline in the cylinder to combust compared to regular gasoline.

and 2gayGT is right. farmers are now growing more corn to try and cash in on the e85 craze and neglecting other crops, causing the prices of those to increase.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts