Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Blood, Sweat and Gears...
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am in the process of shoping for new tires. I am looking at the GoodYear Eagle f1 supercar tires Part #9001-389064129. I know that the Shelby 500's come stock with them and there was some kind of problems with them. I was told that they have changed the tire in a way that the problem doesn't exist anymore. Is this true and does anyone have anything nice to say about these tires. They are very expensive $1,600.00 for a set of 4.
I want to stay with a tire that is made in the USA.​

·
Registered
237 Posts
I agree 100%. I just bought new tires made in another country, been fighting with them ever since, they are not round!!!!!

·
Tini Tini Bo Bini
9,029 Posts
holy **** 400 dollars a tire? i thought the 250 a piece nt05s were bad!

·
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
You had one job!
9,138 Posts
I had them before getting my nittos. I didn't like them at all. They were a rough ride and had lots of road noise. They also didn't last very long.

·
Resident Utahrd
1,411 Posts
holy **** 400 dollars a tire? i thought the 250 a piece nt05s were bad!
Or $305 a tire x2 for NT05 315/35/20s. :banghead Glad they're not $400, though!

·
Fear The Rain... Butt...?
8,830 Posts
My dad's 620hp Shelby has a set on it. He loves them and I'm even in love with just one drive with them on. Definitely worth it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Wow! I paid $244 each for my 305/40-18 Nitto NT555R's.... And they hook well for a N/A'ed car.

·
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This how anal I am, American muscle deserves American parts, tires... I know I will pay too much for tires, But what do you do when you want to help our own people...

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
This how anal I am, American muscle deserves American parts, tires... I know I will pay too much for tires, But what do you do when you want to help our own people...
I will help our "own" people as long as they are producing a superior product.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I've been running them for 2 1/2 years and have nothing but good things to say about them. I love them and will buy them again when it's time to replace them.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts