Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i've done a couple things to my car so far after getting it last week. but money is pretty tight right now around Christmas, so I'm having to wait til the first of the year to order my SVE Drifts and a CAI & oil separator(to start with)...

that being said... what are some quick or easy under the hood mods that i can do. like get rid of stuff that i don't need, example: the dumb sound tube that FORD apparently thought was cool:screwy: anything else like that?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Paint the brake calipers too, change the 5.0 emblems, I'm all blacked out myself so I am partial to getting rid of all the chrome and getting it murdered out...

Until you get some cash you could always just enjoy and do lots of research... Figure out what you really want then.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Like Austin said, you can paint the engine covers and radiator cover. Makes a big difference under the hood... Just don't get a too carried away with painting stuff.

Also, if you're looking to get black Drifts, hit me up around Feb because Ill be selling mine for a good price.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Like Austin said, you can paint the engine covers and radiator cover. Makes a big difference under the hood... Just don't get a too carried away with painting stuff.

Also, if you're looking to get black Drifts, hit me up around Feb because Ill be selling mine for a good price.
absolutly bro, i am very interested. feb is when i get my bonus at work, thats when i was gonna order them. shoot me a PM and i'll buy them from ya.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
As far as "Free" mods, that's about it. For cheap, just watch the forums. Not sure on your idea of "Cheap" as it may be different from mine, but I found my JLT intake for $200, found my SCT for $50 (had to pay to unlock it, but at least I had it), and my GT500 axlebacks for $250. I'm running mid 12 for until a $500 investment.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As far as "Free" mods, that's about it. For cheap, just watch the forums. Not sure on your idea of "Cheap" as it may be different from mine, but I found my JLT intake for $200, found my SCT for $50 (had to pay to unlock it, but at least I had it), and my GT500 axlebacks for $250. I'm running mid 12 for until a $500 investment.
wow...awesome how'd you manage 50 bucks for the SCT?

i'll have money to spend in the next couple months... just didn't know if there were some small mods that i was overlooking from what i have already done.

·
'Stang Noob
338 Posts
JLT Oil Separator
Redline Hood Struts
Stubby Antenna
Painted 'Coil Covers'

·
Registered
832 Posts
I like modding in general but money can get kinda tight. Painting calipers and all that stuff mentioned above are all good. You can do some lighting mods like Footwell lighting/HIDs/LED dome lights and reverse lights.

Lately my friends been telling me I can install reverse camera and sensor for like 100 bucks from ebay. Lots of stuff out there.

·
Registered
109 Posts
donkey balls delete. i swear to god my butt dyno (very sensitve) can tell that they're no longer on the rear axle. no bad vibes either. cheap and easy mod.

·
Fear The Rain... Butt...?
8,830 Posts
Really cheap stuff: Paint the 5.0 badges, paint the coil covers/5.0 intake cover/fuse box cover, delete the sound tube, take the weights off of the rear axle, paint calipers, decklid blackout vinyl, LEDs for the dome lights/reverse lights/license plate lights, shorty antenna, etc.

Relatively cheap: Hood struts, shifter, vinyl tint from AM for all the lights, shift knob, new floormats, used axleback of some sort, used CAI, used SCT tuner (you can find a couple good deals if you look), used Lethal O/R midpipe (found mine for $100 shipped :D )

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Really cheap stuff: Paint the 5.0 badges, paint the coil covers/5.0 intake cover/fuse box cover, delete the sound tube, take the weights off of the rear axle, paint calipers, decklid blackout vinyl, LEDs for the dome lights/reverse lights/license plate lights, shorty antenna, etc.

Relatively cheap: Hood struts, shifter, vinyl tint from AM for all the lights, shift knob, new floormats, used axleback of some sort, used CAI, used SCT tuner (you can find a couple good deals if you look), used Lethal O/R midpipe (found mine for $100 shipped :D )
can you elaborate on the rear axel weights...maybe pics if possible.

·
Fear The Rain... Butt...?
8,830 Posts
1-4 skip shift delete is pretty cheap too.
Good lord yes. How could I forget that? Unplug the skip shift ASAP.

can you elaborate on the rear axel weights...maybe pics if possible.
Dunno. I've never looked for them when under my car but supposedly there are two 5lb weights attached to the rear axle that can be easily removed for 10lb weight reduction. It was never that big of a deal to me but you could crawl under your car and remove them if you felt so inclined.

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
why would ford add weight to the rear axle? am I missing something?

·
Premium Member
11,663 Posts
NVH reduction. They think that some people buy Mustangs to just drive them and don't want to hear all the nice mechanical sounds the beasties make.

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
NVH reduction. They think that some people buy Mustangs to just drive them and don't want to hear all the nice mechanical sounds the beasties make.
People buy mustangs 'to just drive'? :screwy:

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
109 Posts
i think there's a donkey balls thread w/ pics over at svt forums. they're next to the bottom of the shocks and held on with one 15 mm bolt each. i took them off this weekend and haven't noticed any additional nvh. what's weird is the donkey balls aren't symmetrical. i love fomoco, man, but they're crazy.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts