Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think would be a good price for everything off the Termies to put the eaton on an NA 4v?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had everything to do that swap just last summer. Decided against it since there were so many people going that route. So now I'm carburated with 100shot. I have all the websites you can check out for putting that build together. You can start here. If you make through that and still want to do it, let me know. I can get you everything you need.

Eaton Swap..... - 2003-04 Mach 1 Registry Owners Club

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
I have heard closer to $3000, but alot of parts can be aftermarket boltons, it makes sense why buy twice. The hardest piece to find as I have been told is the front engine cover. You also know that you are going to want to build your lower end. I myself have been tossing this idea around, but I think that I might stay N/A and add some spray.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I am scared of spray though. Stock bottom end wont appreciate it that much! lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
You have a 99 4V in your car, correct? Rods should be able to handle 500 to 550rwhp. I wouldn't go over 500 just to be safe. how much HP are you pushing now? You could handle a little N20 depending on your setup. I would recommend nothing more than a 100shot and you may want a MSD box to advance your timing up to 10 degrees when you hit the button. My experience anyway.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Yea I am scared of spray though. Stock bottom end wont appreciate it that much! lol

Spray will be better on the bottom end than the boost. Boost needs lower compression. N20 can and should be run on N/A compression. Therefore getting 100-130 hp from spray will be cheaper,easier and if installed and used correctly safer for the motor.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Spray will be better on the bottom end than the boost. Boost needs lower compression. N20 can and should be run on N/A compression. Therefore getting 100-130 hp from spray will be cheaper,easier and if installed and used correctly safer for the motor.
I have 4v heads and a stock 03 GT bottom end. GT pistons dished a **** load so my compression is like **** lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts