Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at an Eaton swap for my 01 Cobra instead of a centri...I have the chance to buy an entire Termi engine, but the compression is a tad low on 1 or 2 cylinders, or I can buy the eaton swap.
I found one online at a decent price, but another for much less that's "mostly complete", but I can't tell WHAT is missing. Could anyone help me identify the pieces?

Attachments

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the quick reply, man. I'm debating hardcore about what to do. I have a few thousand to spend on my 01 cobra, and just deciding where I need to go...Eaton, Termi swap or Centri.
I found another Eaton swap that has ALL of the parts for a few hundred more, so that's fine I guess. I'd rather pay a little more than be nickle and dimed to death trying to find the extra pieces.

The Termi swap, I'm worried about changing over all of the harnesses, and how long the car will be down. I know I can reuse my cobra's stuff, and extend a few wires and whatnot, I found a great writeup, but my current Cobra engine runs great, so I could sell the entire thing, harnesses and hall to recoup some cost, or maybe even put it in my GT lol.

As far as the Centri route, I'm having troublre finding missing pieces from sellers online. Nobody seems to know what they're missing, and some of the pics are hard to tell, and they never provided updated pics.
I found some Centri's for the SN95, but I'm unsure exactly what is needed to work with my 01. Or even the 99-04 GT Vortechs. I don't know what's usable, or if Vortech could help me there if I called them.
I plan on using an Intercooler, but keep running into kits with the aftercooler that I don't want. I've seen a few universal piping kits with the intercooler, but I'm kinda lost.

I'm so ready to start this build finally, and have the cash, but just need a little help with parts since I'm trying to save a little money and not buy brand new. (I'm almost at my wits end and just doing THAT though lol)

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
I'd say a complete kit for a few hundred is worth it. It can be a real pain chasing down all the little bits and pieces, especially if you have to go through the stealership. Or you can always fabricate your own stuff/adapt other stuff. Hell, I made my own power steering bracket from sheet metal.

For intercooler piping and such, check out siliconeintakes. I got most of my piping supplies there, and you can get just about anything you want or need, pretty cheap too.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wicked, you mind if I PM you or contact you on Facebook or something else about the swap?
I've been looking at a few things, and noticed on some of the kits here and there, are broken pieces.
So on all of them, I'll have to hunt a little bit of this and that down. I'm motivated to find the parts, but want to make sure I'm doing this the most sensible way possible.

I've lurked most of my time here, and followed your posts over the years, and I've enjoyed them. I'm glad you responded! Lol. Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lmfao. I appreciate it, man. I'll message you when I get a break, or when I'm off of work in about 3.5 hours.
I'm looking forward to trying to figure this out with you, or if I need to go an alternate route lol!
I love builds like this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts