Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Looks like the short throw sport shifter on A.M which is the one i got and its pretty legit but thats from A.M so no telling if your gonna get what u see in the picture on ebay. If it is whats in the pic tho it should be pretty legit, only problem i have with my cheapo shifter from A.M is the handle always comes loose from the shifter those damn torx bolts are hard to get tight without stripping em

·
Registered
470 Posts
Oh ya these shifters are very loud by the way, they like to click and clack around alot and make alot of noise switching gears.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Sometimes cheap will end up costing more in the long run. I like my MGW shifter.:)

·
Registered
470 Posts
Sometimes cheap will end up costing more in the long run. I like my MGW shifter.:)
+1 i stripped a bolt on that cheapo shifter when i dropped my tranny out and the only reason i left them in is because they are a bitch to torque down with a allen wrench. The design on those is horrible and the parts are not that great of quality. I just ordered a MGW tonight cuz im already sick of the cheap shifter after 8 months of use and i dont even wanna bother looking for the type of bolt it uses. Plus it seems MGW is the king of short shifters for stangs. Tri-ax just looks like a nicer version of the cheapo's and Hurst's look like stock shifters with no stopping points. I wish i would have just gotten a MGW in the first place... >.<

·
Wheelin' and dealin!
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for the input, I guess I will stay away from off brand ebay stuff.

·
Bringing Yellow Back
10,928 Posts
if i didnt have one i would give it a shot for 35 lol

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
currently using the cheap american muscle brand one. horribly disappointed. had the bolts back out so many times on the handle/base - even with tons of loctite. wish i wouldve saved my money and went with an mgw.

·
Bringing Yellow Back
10,928 Posts
you could fix that problem by drilling the threads out and using longer bolts that go all that way through with lock nuts

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
thanks - but im lazy and think ill just buy a new shifter and not go through the hassle :p
Hey Mr. Opal Frost paint job.
Google the "Opal Frost Mustang Registry"........My girlfriends car is #2 in the registry because I added it when we first found out about it. Or she added it, can't remember lol.....Anyway its a limited production color so you can get pics of your car in the registry if you haven't joined it already.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts