Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, ive been seriously considering a set of shorty headers, primarily bbk tuned shorties, which are not that bad of a price if you ask me. Now i know you all are going to get on my case about wanting shorties vs. lt's, but i just want something better than factory, but still be able to swap back the factory h. Anyways, i was just looking on ebay, and they have knock-off bbk lookin tuned ceramic shorties for like a lil over $100! Do any of you guys think they'd be worth it or just go with the bbk's? thanks.
-Will

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
do it once and do it right if not you might be buying 2 sets of shorties in the long run.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Get the BBK or JBA shorties. Don't buy cheep stuff you will only be wasting your money. I had the JBAs on my 06 gt and loved them the went on easy and looked amazing.

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
Hey Juco....do you have any proof or flow charts somewhere I can look at that prove stock manifolds flow just about the same as Shorties? Or worse for that matter? I hear alot of people say this, but have never seen any real proof

Or maybe a brfore after dyno chart or somthing. Thanks man.

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
Save your money for Kook's, or Mac's IMHO. You won't regret it, but you may regret buying cheap shorty headers.

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
my mac shorties were not cheap...400 bucks i think (canadian) and the fitment was horrible on the passenger header...i made a thread about it. so even the high dollar stuff can come messed up a little bit.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
do it once and do it right if not you might be buying 2 sets of shorties in the long run.
Thats what im afraid of, i would like to only have to do this once, but it is very tempting to get em for that price tho lol. Im prolly just gonna go ahead and get the bbk's, their products seem to be very nice, thanks for the replies.
-Will

·
Registered
482 Posts
i have the jba`s and honestly they are ok. but i would of rathered of saved and went with LTs. but if you can get them cheap then why not.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
save your money for LTs. You'll be glad you did!

·
"Spectre" Veteran
492 Posts
I bought the Pacesetters, no issues bolting up, cheap, and a slightly noticeable increase in acceleration/top end power (of course, I have the rest of the exhaust done), but not a whole lot. I'll likely go longtubes down the road, so I'd suggest to wait on LTs, myself. I've heard better of these, but they're a BEEYOTCH to put in with the stock K, as I'm told. Other guys may know better than me on here, though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts