Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
94 95 96 97 98 99 00 Mustang V6 V8 T3T4 Twin Turbo Kit | eBay

Would something like this work? He claims it works on v6 split and single, and v8's. Is it possible to go FI this cheap(under 1k)? Can you run 8lbs boost on a maintained 2000 v6 with 160k miles, or is a rebuild a must? I dont wanna blow anything up.
Thanks,
Justin

·
Banned
610 Posts
You would have to custom make the hot side and I'm almost positive its just a shoddy eBay kit. I would stay away if I were you.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
222 Posts
The price is reasonable for just a decent turbo, but I don't know where those turbos are made and the T3 turbos are slightly outdated technology now. You can get a better turbo for under 1k. You'll also need more than what this kit includes to actually have the turbo setup function. This kit doesn't include any of the hot side tubing which includes the turbo manifolds. Turbo manifolds and hot side piping are the most difficult part of any turbo setup and aren't cheap. Also, if you plan on going more than about 4.4 PSI of boost you'll need fuel upgrades which is at least another $500. 8 PSI would probably work fine with a stock block but I wouldn't venture much past that without forged internals, especially after 160k.

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Yeah it will work. But I hope you know that buying a kit like that means you'll replace 90% of the parts before you even get the whole thing together and what's left won't hold up for more than a year.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well how about just turboing in general? Would a good 8 psi blow up a stock motor with 168000 miles?

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts
Kyle was pushing 11psi wasnt he mike?

Its the internet, chill out bro!

·
Registered
836 Posts
It is absurd to even refer to that as a "kit." Only two cheap ass shitty generic turbos and some intercooler pipe and couplers. There is a reason why an actual kit is expensive.

New Page 1

·
Registered
222 Posts
The turbo manifolds and hot side piping is the heart of any turbo kit. As long as you have that, you can piece together your own turbo kit pretty easily.

·
Zippy Zip Custom \/
1,167 Posts
Well how about just turboing in general? Would a good 8 psi blow up a stock motor with 168000 miles?
You need to do a leak down test and compression test on your engine first. See how much and how long it can and will hold pressures.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts