Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I did a search for a Windstar intake on Ebay and I found one for $50.00 + shipping... I think this is way to good to be true. Opinions?

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
So I did a search for a Windstar intake on Ebay and I found one for $50.00 + shipping... I think this is way to good to be true. Opinions?
no...you can go to junk yards and buy them for around $25-30 off of an actual windstar. so no it's not too good to be true..in fact it's kinda overpriced

·
Registered
730 Posts
well you may have found a windstar intake.... but it takes more than just the intake to have the "windstar mod" you need gaskets, a new throttle body, TB spacer, etc for this swap and honestly it would cost you more to pick up all this **** yourself when you could buy the prepared kit from VAP

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
well you may have found a windstar intake.... but it takes more than just the intake to have the "windstar mod" you need gaskets, a new throttle body, TB spacer, etc for this swap and honestly it would cost you more to pick up all this **** yourself when you could buy the prepared kit from VAP
not really...you can buy the other pieces from VAP and save a **** tone with a used windstar

edit: just did the math...on VAP's website you'd pay $235 for everything you needed w/o their windstar...so lets say you pick up one for $30...you're still over $100 richer

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Okay I know this doesn't apply to me but is this V6 mod really worth it.
One thing I know is that FORD intake manifolds suck, they can't breathe for ****.
Is there a good mod I can do on my GT ? been thinking of upgrading the Throttle Bod.
but still not sure.
6er talk to me

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I junkyard dived as well as u-pull-and-pay dove yesterday and no1 has a windstar upper. Plenty of lowers and newer windstars. I have one more junkyard to hit tomorrow then it looks like Ebay is my winner.

Any advice on better ways to clean these than soap and water?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One thing I know is that FORD intake manifolds suck, they can't breathe for ****.
Is there a good mod I can do on my GT ? been thinking of upgrading the Throttle Bod.
but still not sure.
6er talk to me
I think trickflow came into the 4.6l intake market.

Google is your friend. Also maybe look into a P&P?

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
but still not sure.
6er talk to me
only get a larger TB if you're replacing the Plenum too...in fact check out BBK..they have a great plenum/tb combo unit that not only does a great job but looks great under the hood :yes

edit: noticed you asked if it was a worth while mod for a v6...yeah they are worth while for someone actually wanting to mod a v6. it looks better as well.

·
Premium Member
14,581 Posts
not really...you can buy the other pieces from VAP and save a **** tone with a used windstar

edit: just did the math...on VAP's website you'd pay $235 for everything you needed w/o their windstar...so lets say you pick up one for $30...you're still over $100 richer
When he first started building those kits that was about what they cost. the price now is a little overpriced IMO

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
is it worth buying the rest of the stuff from VAP or just custom fab some?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
only thing I'm not sure on is the throttle body spacer/ slant

·
Premium Member
14,581 Posts
I'm sure he'd sell you what you need if you email him and tell him you only need a certain part.
You will need to build something that is really sturdy for the throttle cable. Remember that this holds a lot of stress.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
When he first started building those kits that was about what they cost. the price now is a little overpriced IMO
when you factor in the time it takes to fully clean and modify the dirty manifolds it seems a bit more reasonable.

·
MOAR BOOST
9,163 Posts
I'm sure he'd sell you what you need if you email him and tell him you only need a certain part.You will need to build something that is really sturdy for the throttle cable. Remember that this holds a lot of stress.
He will, I've asked him about needing a couple things.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts