Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
I just wanted to know if anyone knew whether the computer used for the 5.4 4V is the same used in Australia. We call it the BOSS 260 or 290. (kilowatt)

I thought if someone worked in the field they may have the answer. Are they generic or country specific.

What I am looking at purchasing is a Supercharged SVT GT500 engine. You cannot buy that (stock) power here yet. Best we got is 390HP

I have a XR6 Turbo at the moment and am looking for another project. Although its fairly decent with 370HP @ the rears, it still doesn't have the growl.

Thanks in advance.
Steve

PS. I wish Aus would get up to speed on style and aerodynamics cause our Falcons are like 5 years behind you guys. They're just a fast family car.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
I think its the same pcm but it has a different program in it. The boss 290 is built better and runs superior to the domestic 5.4. Mainly do to your emissions be easier. By the way I love the fpv GT. And the super pursuit. Wish we could get the utes like the pursuit here. Especialy with the 290 and a six speed. f-in sweet if you ask me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think its the same pcm but it has a different program in it. The boss 290 is built better and runs superior to the domestic 5.4. Mainly do to your emissions be easier. By the way I love the fpv GT. And the super pursuit. Wish we could get the utes like the pursuit here. Especialy with the 290 and a six speed. f-in sweet if you ask me.
Thanks very much for the info.

The problem with what we have is that Ford have just transformed a family car into what they believe will be our next collectors muscle car. fffft!!! And most guys wanting power are going for the far cheaper 6 cylinder turbo. Buy one of these for $46000 and add $5000 for aftermarket setup and bang...430HP at the treads without even trying.

Jump onto youtube and search XR6T and you'll see what I mean. Heres an example. In this clip,

Just doesn't have the GRUNT sound and I think that adds to the driving experience.

I just love the Mustangs....especially the Ronaele. That company seems to be taking development one step further than most. I guess everone has there favorites so don't flame me....just an opinion.

Anyway mate, thanks for the info on the PCB. I should be able to chase something up from the local Ford dealer now. They maybe able to flash it with their own programming.

Cheers
Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts