Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, my brother in law is more than likely going to pick up a 04 procharged gt this comming up week. Two things were concerned about.

1. i have no idea what they tuned the car with and there is no handheld included with the car, so I want to know if he buys an sct if he can get it retuned or will he have to by a stock ecu first.. and if he gets a stock ecu does it need to be programmed to that car by the dealer or is it plug and play like some cars.

and 2. there is a dyno sheet in the glove box..it looks pretty weak. 316 rwhp
and i think 336 rwtq. it didnt show boost measurement and they stopped the pull at 5k.. afr looked to be right about at 12..
and when i drove it it didnt pull like my car..im thinking maybe just a really
conservative tune? i saw the boost guage hit 9 psi in 2nd gear..i jusy think it should be a lot closer to the 400+ range because it hase comp 268s too

anyways thanks for the input!!

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
No need to swap ECM. Get a new tuner/tune and let it ride. As for why it doesn't make much power it could be a variety of things.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok well thats good to know...the power part must be in the tune because its building boost and the engine sounds healthy...good vacuum at idle too

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
If he buys a new SCT he can get it retuned which I highly reccomend anyhow since you dont know what kind of tune it has in it now. I wouldnt go hammering on it until you get it tuned just in case it running lean or has other issues.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input! Yea thats what I told him...especially since it was tuned in pa and were in northern va..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts