Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My 03 Gt needs a key ecu ring swap...will the Ecu key and ring from my 98 GT work? Edit..I'm getting all sorts of advice about this and most of it seems wrong. More I research the more frustrating I get...will the 98 ecu even run an 03 properly?

· Super Moderator
4,940 Posts
I’m not quite following, it needs a new pats transponder antenna around the ignition cylinder? That can be swapped by itself if that’s the case.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m not quite following, it needs a new pats transponder antenna around the ignition cylinder? That can be swapped by itself if that’s the case.
My ignition was ripped out of my 03 and i cant get it to start. I have a wrecked 98 gt. I'm told the ecu will work from the 98 in an 03. Is this correct? I'm also told it would be easier to just pull the steering column assembly and swap that out

· Super Moderator
4,940 Posts
What’s all ripped out of the 03? I don’t believe you can swap a 94-98 cluster in a 99-04. If all you are missing is the cylinder you can swap a new one in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts