Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at the Victor jr for possibly my next intake manifold setup.

I'm looking for someone who has installed this on their engine as I have a few questions:

Using their fuel rails, is there a location for installing the FRPS. If not where did you install the FRPS.

Which plenum and throttle body setup did you use.

Did you do a before and after dyno runs to see what the gains were.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With that plenum it comes with or without the vacuum ports.

If you go without what are they using for a vacuum to operate the FRPS?

That pic has a return style fuel line setup. I have the Cobra fuel hat with dual pumps in my tank but I don't want to use a return style fuel line.

I was looking at those plenums, the chrome shop I use will sand down the welds and you want even know it was welded when it is chromed. I was thinking of getting the Victor Jr chromed as well. I'm into the show and go.

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
if the top end of your motor is stock, its gonna drive like ass. Way toooo much intake for a bolt on car

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have ported/polished PI heads, bigger valves, behive springs, Stage 3 cams, notched pistons, 24 lb injectors, Granatelli COPs. Currently running the Typhoon intake manifold with the Stack Racing plenum and 75 mm TB. I lost a little hp, about 3-4 when I switched from the C&L plenum to the Stack. I'm pushing it now to 6500-6800 rpm before shifting with no problems even with a light 75 shot of nitrous.

I need to swap out my BBK shorty pipes with some MAC LT and that will help even more.

I was considering changing over to the Accufab plenum/TB, but I've been looking more at the Victor Jr with the 6061 and an Accufab TB. Then kicking the nitrous up to a 150 shot.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So from the lack of responses to this thread I take there is no one on here who is using the Victor Jr and the 6061 elbow.

·
_
3,787 Posts
I guess not, but then their is always the intake manifold adaptor plate that MMR sells. It allows you to utilize your current plenum and keep your EGR.

Why an Edlebrock?

Trickflow makes a gr8 intake manifold as well as foxlakes P-51.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't have the EGR or cats, removed them, I live in a non-inspection state.

Comparing the the 3, Edelbrock, Trick Flow, Foxlake, they all are about the same performance wise and the Edelbrock is less money and a little easier for doing direct porting for nitrous.

I'm looking at buying something now for my future build, which will be a MMR 900 block, TF heads, and a 2 stage nitrous system.

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
On this board, theres only a hand full of cars that could even use this. Its a newer intake. Its being used, but you need to find the more hardcore modular guys, like on modularpower or the corral.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Ok, first I'm going to need to know what all is done internally besides notched pistons. If you have everything else stock, then you are not going to want this intake. Te typhoon is a stock replacement style manifold made from aluminum, and a shoddy one at that. This is the shortest runner cast manifold on the market. This will push your shift points way past where your rods will hold. Get your new shortblock first and then we'll talk.

Reactions: andrewskaggs

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm not sure about the internals. I bought this car from a guy who didn't know what all the mechanic had done to it. I keep finding things out about as I go to do upgrades. For example I went to put a SVT fuel pump in it and discovered it had the Cobra duel pump hat installed.

I've been thinking about getting the MMR 7 qt oil pan and then when I drop the oil pan I can check to see what kind of rods are in it.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hell, id drop the oil pan regardless if I was putting on different pan or not to find out about what you got going on inside your engine. Ever do a compression test to see what compression you might be running? Before you start changing things, you may want to start looking into what you might already have. BTW, if youre running twin cobra pumps in a GT tank without baffling, you better be ready to replace a shortblock because you cannot run the tank below half tank without fear of fuel starvation.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
I'm not sure about the internals. I bought this car from a guy who didn't know what all the mechanic had done to it. I keep finding things out about as I go to do upgrades. For example I went to put a SVT fuel pump in it and discovered it had the Cobra duel pump hat installed.

I've been thinking about getting the MMR 7 qt oil pan and then when I drop the oil pan I can check to see what kind of rods are in it.
i would leave the stock pan in. it holds plenty of oil. plus dropping the pan is a pain. you gotta drop the k member.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts