Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
has anyone heard good things or is currently running it and is it worth it, what would you expect to gain in rwhp and tq. because im thinking about getting it but am also wondering if you can just install it and put back the stock injectors and fuel rails and mount my accufab plenum to it also would a tune be necessary all i have is the SCT X3 and i dont think there is an option for intake manifolds thank for the help i know there is previous posts on it but they dont answer my questions for sure

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
anything other than that?

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the input no pi no power still gives me a better idea of what it can do

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bump

·
Registered
777 Posts
Need their fuel rail, and not with out an adapter plate, it's more of a all out drag manifold. Makes more hp and loses low end tq.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
is the low end torque a substantial loss or only slightly also will the mmr adaptor plate work on it or no

·
Registered
777 Posts
More than most would like but it's best for f/i. Its a short runner intake so it makes power in the upper rpm range. And yes it will. Or you can get one from eledbrock and run a cobra style tb.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so the question now is would you put it on your stang also you can see my upgrades would you think i would benefit from it or just go with a different mod im trying to hit at least 300 rwhp and of course i mean n/a for now, i still havent dynoed it out but thats my goal and where i hope to be by summer next year and am just thinking of other mods to get that are around $350 and i know there isnt many

·
Registered
777 Posts
no not unless i was pushing alot of boost(20-35lbs). no it will hurt you. heads, cams what are your plans just street, track or alittle of both?

·
Registered
777 Posts
i wouldnt if the nos is set up right the factory intake works fine. there are alot of people running nos with the plastic intake.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
mostly street because the track is a little far but i used to go alot in the past but i think ill start going again i guess you can say a bit of a mix. my heads are stock and so are the cams even though i had everything out in july i never ported and polished the or got cams due to low fundage haha so i just got a tuner but i still wish i had the cash to put cams in at the time but im hoping next year ill be able to get the TFS heads and some cams to go along with it im trying to stay n/a i really like what ED is doing so i hope to see some thing around where he is at because ill still be running my shortblock and not a cobra like he is.

·
Registered
777 Posts
as far as bang of your buck go with some gears, makes you faster with out adding power, if all your looking for is 300-350 cams and some head work.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Ok has anybody ever tried it with bolt-ons? If not then how does anybody know how it'll act?

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
I'd like to find out more too. I doubt I'll ever get one, but it would still be nice to see what they're capable of.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i still dont know of anyone that has used it with bolt ons but i dont want to loose low end tq i want to help my stang not rob it of its potential i also havent seen much more info on the net for the EFI just the carb

1 - 20 of 27 Posts