Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everything came last night!!

Pretty excited but wanted to check in with some of you guys that have installed them for any tips that might not be listed in the instructions.

This is going in my 2006 GT - One question I do have, I currently have a cold air intake / SCT Tuner - Do I just hook up my old turner and transfer back my stock tune to unlock the tuner so it can be used on another car?

Thanks for any thoughts / suggestions!

Jeff

·
Tini Tini Bo Bini
9,029 Posts
did the blower come with a tuner? if so then yes just transfer back the stock tune and you will be able to sell it.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
you should just send those dirty old boxes up here:D

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
did the blower come with a tuner? if so then yes just transfer back the stock tune and you will be able to sell it.
Thanks, that was the plan - I just wanted to make sure I unlocked my old tuner properly - so I'll just transfer back the stock tune and should be good.

I'll be taking some pictures along the way! Been saving birthdays / Christmases for the past couple of years and finally pulled the trigger :)

I just need to figure out what to do gear wise... I currently have 3.31's and have brand new in the box Ford Racing 4.10's... Not sure if I should sell them / try to trade them for 3.73's or if the 4.10's will be fine in my auto...

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
^good idea, getting the wife involved will probaly get you more parts money down the road. Your could call it relationship building:)

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
it's always best to involve the wife:

my car hopefully will be able to get into the shop to find out what's killing my tps. if so i can let you know and ride in mine which has the eforce and 4.10's. i'll be back on the 9th and find out if they can do anything with it and get it tuned. by far the only thing that's a pain in this install is the de-pinning of the wiring harness. everything else is simple. as soon as you figure out how to do the 1st one they'll all be very easy after that. if you really want to make it easier just buy the de-pinning tools. not sure when you're planning on the install, but if it's going to be after the 9th i can let you know. my car will be taken to rocky mountain competitive research in the springs. they are going to figure out the issue and tune it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bob - I plan on installing it NOW :) haha Seriously, I'll be doing in when I have time this week - would like to be finished by Thursday. Just pulled it in the garage and took some before pics. I would love to ride in your car with 4.10's - do you have an auto or manual?

SickGT - That is the plan, pm me if you like or I'll be posting it in the proper section tomorrow.

Brianm - For sure!! She is the main reason I'm installing this now - she is out of town next week and wants me to install it while I have her car to use :) Also, another plus to get parts money is to let her drive it from time to time ;) She loves it and calls my Mustang the BAMF!

·
10,234 Posts
just found out that the shop is going to be closed for a show/race in AZ the first 2 weeks in april so looks like it won't be ready for the week i'm home. i have a manual, but i'm guessing you wouldn't be wanting to wait till next year to see about the 4.10's.

if you're wanting a dyno tune rocky mountain competitive research is a good place. i went to revolution performance and won't be returning there. they seem to do good work on imports, but due to buisness practice i won't go back

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
just found out that the shop is going to be closed for a show/race in AZ the first 2 weeks in april so looks like it won't be ready for the week i'm home. i have a manual, but i'm guessing you wouldn't be wanting to wait till next year to see about the 4.10's.

if you're wanting a dyno tune rocky mountain competitive research is a good place. i went to revolution performance and won't be returning there. they seem to do good work on imports, but due to buisness practice i won't go back
Sorry to hear that - I'll keep you posted on my install - Maybe we can get together for lunch the week you come back. Good info on those shops! I was looking at Revolution Performance and had no idea about Rocky Mountain Competitive Research!

Worked on my car for only a couple hours last night - my next step is to pull off the intake. I'll continue after I get back from taking my wife to the airport today.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I just checked off every step as i went with a pen on the instructions to make sure i did't forget anything and any wireing make sure you soder all the conections.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Did you get the S/C from Brenspeed? I plan on getting m E-Force from Brenspeed next month. What S/C pulley size did you decide on getting? I'm trying to see if I can get the 3.25" pulley without damaging the motor, it's still stock (no forged internals). Does anyone know if I can go with the 3.25" pulley (11-13 psi) on a stock motor (has about 25K miles on it)?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just checked off every step as i went with a pen on the instructions to make sure i did't forget anything and any wireing make sure you soder all the conections.
Same! I never use those butt connectors - solder all the way :) I am taking my time taking pictures along the way.

Did you get the S/C from Brenspeed? I plan on getting m E-Force from Brenspeed next month. What S/C pulley size did you decide on getting? I'm trying to see if I can get the 3.25" pulley without damaging the motor, it's still stock (no forged internals). Does anyone know if I can go with the 3.25" pulley (11-13 psi) on a stock motor (has about 25K miles on it)?
I did order from Brenspeed - I got the stage 1 with the 3.50" pulley and boost-a-pump. I was told that would be fine for my stock internals - That's rated for 7 - 11.5 psi and since I live at over 6000 feet, I guessing it should be fine.

·
10,234 Posts
just get the 3.5 pulley and the 3.25. pulleys are pretty cheap and even cheaper when you get a 3.25 pulley from me that's brand new.

·
10,234 Posts
Sorry to hear that - I'll keep you posted on my install - Maybe we can get together for lunch the week you come back. Good info on those shops! I was looking at Revolution Performance and had no idea about Rocky Mountain Competitive Research!

Worked on my car for only a couple hours last night - my next step is to pull off the intake. I'll continue after I get back from taking my wife to the airport today.
buddy of mine had rocky mountain install an eforce on his c6 vette. this was a few weeks ago and i was pretty impressed by them. he is now back with the c6 getting them to install lt's. he is also going to watch over them doing the work on my car since i won't be in town to see the car through. they work on domestics unlike the other shop that is, from what i saw, primarily imports.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
keep us posted man! i've been looking at bying one myself, take lots of pics along the way.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts