Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came across these just wondering. I'm going with fcam and track heat intakes for sure. Will these heads work in the combo at all?

Anyone know if the springs could handle the lift from the fcam?

·
Registered
678 Posts
Are they the performers? They should work and bolt right up to everything else.

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IT says performer. I wanted to know how decent they are flow wise. And would the springs work with an fcam, and could I squeeze a trick flow intake between the heads.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
just about all intakes mount to all heads.....as far as its a 5.0 intake

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
everything will bolt up fine, unless the springs are excessively worn they'll be fine.

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
Came across these just wondering. I'm going with fcam and track heat intakes for sure. Will these heads work in the combo at all?

Anyone know if the springs could handle the lift from the fcam?
Edelbrock heads will work but they are no where near a Trick Flow head. A Twisted Wedge head outflows a Performer and Performer RPM head across the board by 20+ cfm. If you can find a set of Performer heads cheap, get them. Otherwise be patient and look for some Twisted Wedge or AFR 165 heads.

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
Allright back to saving then. Plus aren't twisted wedge heads dual valve spring?
Who knows. Valve spring type is a minor concern and really shouldn't be a concern at all when buying cylinder heads.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts