Modded Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Run What You Brung
706 Posts
Pretty much the only two gripes I have about the xb1 is the fact that you have to install ALL the games to the HD to be able to play them and that you can't play xbox 360 games on them. PLUS the fact that I didn't have to buy mine probably keeps me from bitching about it that much more.

·
Certified Bwaloligisit
28,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
It's still not backwards compatible?? I thought they changed that

·
The Dude Abides
1,471 Posts
Pretty much the only two gripes I have about the xb1 is the fact that you have to install ALL the games to the HD to be able to play them and that you can't play xbox 360 games on them. PLUS the fact that I didn't have to buy mine probably keeps me from bitching about it that much more.
Xbox 360 and Xbox One are two completely different opperating systems. Just keep your 360 and use it when you want. What's the big deal with that? The 360 was backwards compatible but I never played Xbox games on the 360. I'll never ditch my 360, it is as valuable to me as my NES, Super Nintendo and N64. They are they 4 best consoles I've ever owned and I'll never sell them.

And what's the big deal with downloading games to your hard drive? Especially now that you can purchase and download from the Smartglass app. You could be at work, school where ever and when you got home the game will be installed and ready to go.

I'm quick to complain about the things I don't like but these just seem trivial to me.

·
Certified Bwaloligisit
28,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I'm one to have a hard copy. So when I go out and buy my game. I expect to come home and start playing. Not have to wait 3 hours for my 7 gig game to install

·
Registered
4,562 Posts
Xbox Live: $60 a year PC Access: Free

Plus if you build a machine that's pretty good, it will last quite a while without needing upgrades.

I just sold my old gaming computer to a couple who are older but wanted something that wasn't slow, I got most of what I put into it, and they love the speed, and it will last them forever with those specs. Try reselling an xbox once a new system comes out...you'll get peanuts, or you can trade it in for a ball of belly button lint to go towards that shiny new system... :baller:

Meh these are all reasons I am the complete opposite haha.
I get it man, I fix and sell computers every day. I look at the numbers. I can get Xbox live on sale for $30 a year, the Xbox is say, $500 every three years to buy a new one. A good gaming computer is $200 for the motherboard, $200-300 for a good processor, $100 for Ram, $150 for a hard drive, $150-300 for a mid-high level graphics card. That's a lot to spend for "free" online connectivity.

I do enjoy computer gaming, it's why I got into the computer industry and what helped me learn networking, etc. Just saying for getting my gaming fix on, it's easier for me to do it on the living room TV than to have a space set up in the house for a computer, plus build a computer every three or four years.

·
Run What You Brung
706 Posts
Xbox 360 and Xbox One are two completely different opperating systems. Just keep your 360 and use it when you want. What's the big deal with that? The 360 was backwards compatible but I never played Xbox games on the 360. I'll never ditch my 360, it is as valuable to me as my NES, Super Nintendo and N64. They are they 4 best consoles I've ever owned and I'll never sell them.

And what's the big deal with downloading games to your hard drive? Especially now that you can purchase and download from the Smartglass app. You could be at work, school where ever and when you got home the game will be installed and ready to go.

I'm quick to complain about the things I don't like but these just seem trivial to me.

I gave my Starwars 360 to my son. So I can still play it (with him as I often did)

I have my nes, snes, n64, calecovision, atari 400/800/2600/5200 ps, ps2, had a ps3 but sold it due to lack of interest.

I don't use the smartglass ap atm due to having enough functions on my smart phone.

I don't like having to dl them to the hd because they take up an INSANE amount of space and I have to uninstall an old one when I get a new one (game) then when I want to play one of the older games I have I have to uninstall a different game to reinstall an old one. NEVER had to worry about that with my 360, I could simply eject the game and put the one I wanted to play in.

Might be trivial to you, but it's a bit of a pain in the ass IMO for a "next gen" console.

SOOOO glad I didn't waste $500.00 on this thing. Don't get me wrong I do enjoy it other than the aggravation and redundancy seemingly built in.

·
Insomniac
5,912 Posts
I'm one to have a hard copy. So when I go out and buy my game. I expect to come home and start playing. Not have to wait 3 hours for my 7 gig game to install
Destiny was an 18 gig download but I was able to play after about 20 min

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

Get a 2tb external. Problem solved

·
Certified Bwaloligisit
28,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
x bones now allow externals? Should get a SSD to ninja install

·
Run What You Brung
706 Posts
Destiny was an 18 gig download but I was able to play after about 20 min

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

Get a 2tb external. Problem solved
Can you point me in the direction of one that is compatible w/the xbox one?

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
How many games do you have that you have to delete one to play another? there is already 250GB stock on the system. wtf? lol. I have like 15% taken up and I have fifa, madden, destiny, forza 5..

·
its JUSA 2V
3,411 Posts
How many games do you have that you have to delete one to play another? there is already 250GB stock on the system. wtf? lol. I have like 15% taken up and I have fifa, madden, destiny, forza 5..
Agreed I have forza, destiny, bf4 and I still have over 200 gig left

·
Run What You Brung
706 Posts
So far I have Destiny, Killer Instinct, Killer instinct console edition (old school version) red dragon, a couple flight sim games that I don't remember off the top of my head, forza, (along with all the dl content that goes with) COD Ghost (along with the associated dl content) Madden 25, Titan Fall, BF4, Assassin's Creed, Kinect sports rivals, Ryse, MG Solid, UFC, Dead Rising, Plants vs Zombies Garden war fare (for my son, he loves that game for some inexplicable reason) Thief, Amazing spiderman, Watchdogs.... There's a few more that I bought so I could play with my son that I can't remember off the top of my head.

·
Gunna Go Fast!
1,355 Posts
I gave my Starwars 360 to my son. So I can still play it (with him as I often did)

I have my nes, snes, n64, calecovision, atari 400/800/2600/5200 ps, ps2, had a ps3 but sold it due to lack of interest.

I don't use the smartglass ap atm due to having enough functions on my smart phone.

I don't like having to dl them to the hd because they take up an INSANE amount of space and I have to uninstall an old one when I get a new one (game) then when I want to play one of the older games I have I have to uninstall a different game to reinstall an old one. NEVER had to worry about that with my 360, I could simply eject the game and put the one I wanted to play in.

Might be trivial to you, but it's a bit of a pain in the ass IMO for a "next gen" console.

SOOOO glad I didn't waste $500.00 on this thing. Don't get me wrong I do enjoy it other than the aggravation and redundancy seemingly built in.
I'm right there with you, I really enjoy all of my older consoles that you just pop the disk or cartridge into and play the damn thing.
I've got PS1, 2, 3, 4 and 1st gen PSP about to pick up a PSVita and also have Wii U, N64, Sega Genesis, couple game cubes, XBOX 360, 1st gen XBOX, and a bunch of Gameboy colors that I love.
I've tried to collect as many as possible just because.

But the PS4 is the best (for tech reasons) but I definitely hated having to install Destiny right after I waited in line at the midnight release for it.

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
I get it man, I fix and sell computers every day. I look at the numbers. I can get Xbox live on sale for $30 a year, the Xbox is say, $500 every three years to buy a new one. A good gaming computer is $200 for the motherboard, $200-300 for a good processor, $100 for Ram, $150 for a hard drive, $150-300 for a mid-high level graphics card. That's a lot to spend for "free" online connectivity.

I do enjoy computer gaming, it's why I got into the computer industry and what helped me learn networking, etc. Just saying for getting my gaming fix on, it's easier for me to do it on the living room TV than to have a space set up in the house for a computer, plus build a computer every three or four years.
I was waiting for someone to point this out.

I usually spend at least $300 on my graphics card alone when building my computers. That'll usually last about 3 years tops.

My PC builds probably cost closer to $900-$1k for a mid range gaming rig, vs a $500 PS4 or X1.

That said, I absolutely cannot play games on a console because I prefer the precision and feel of a mouse (and keyboard.)

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
So far I have Destiny, Killer Instinct, Killer instinct console edition (old school version) red dragon, a couple flight sim games that I don't remember off the top of my head, forza, (along with all the dl content that goes with) COD Ghost (along with the associated dl content) Madden 25, Titan Fall, BF4, Assassin's Creed, Kinect sports rivals, Ryse, MG Solid, UFC, Dead Rising, Plants vs Zombies Garden war fare (for my son, he loves that game for some inexplicable reason) Thief, Amazing spiderman, Watchdogs.... There's a few more that I bought so I could play with my son that I can't remember off the top of my head.
dude... have you seen the sun? maybe you should just have less games? hahaha damn I am a college kid I ain't got that kinda money, I also dont like many story based games though..

21 - 40 of 48 Posts