127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't find info on this.
31/32
84, 85

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
won't hurt the idle or anything just won't have that extra mpg that the egr system would get you after heat soaking your intake

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
won't hurt the idle or anything just won't have that extra mpg that the egr system would get you after heat soaking your intake
I won't be driving at idle.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
EGR only operates at part throttle, it doesn't open at idle.
I understand that. What I want to know is how the EEC-IV will respond (spark/fuel adjustments) with these codes. The EEC controls driveabilty.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
The fact you hace a running code, means the EGR function will be off, and the car will opperate correctly.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Look, there's no EGR on the car.
I just wanted to know how the EEC-IV will respond (spark/fuel adjustments) with these codes, if it will at all.
Doesn't matter now, anyway...I figured out a way to eliminate the codes myself.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Look, there's no EGR on the car.
I just wanted to know how the EEC-IV will respond (spark/fuel adjustments) with these codes, if it will at all.
Doesn't matter now, anyway...I figured out a way to eliminate the codes myself.
You want the codes. so your timing is right.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Okay, now you got my attention...please explain.
The EGR is removed and plated.
Yea I have one of those delete plates. makes my TB linkage bracket hit my heatercore tubes.

Your check engine light will stay on, but with out a chip to turn the EGR function off, it will stay on, but thats what you want. THe Function will add timing depending on how far the egr is open(the egr slightly slows the combustion prossess). So EGR codes+no EGR=a good thing.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
no **** smart ass... last time I checked idle quality was part of "driveabilty" is it not..
No. Car idles fine.
I think im done answering your questions you seem like a real douchebag
You haven't answered one, yet.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yea I have one of those delete plates. makes my TB linkage bracket hit my heatercore tubes.

Your check engine light will stay on, but with out a chip to turn the EGR function off, it will stay on, but thats what you want. The Function will add timing depending on how far the egr is open(the egr slightly slows the combustion prossess). So EGR codes+no EGR=a good thing.
If I'm reading the logic descriptions correctly, code 31/32 will cause the EEC to ignore the EGR function altogether and not use the advanced timing, since the EEC considers the EGR to be completely malfunctioned and will apply the tables that use the "closed EGR" logic?
So far everyone who's answered has given me different answers, from agreement with "You want the codes" to "Install the code eliminator" to "It doesn't matter".
I'm not calling you wrong - I'm just saying that with all these conflicting answers, everyone can't be right at the same time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts