Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know if you guys remember but i said that i wanted to break 12s with my setup: bbk cai, prof products 75mm tb and plenum, o/r x with magnapacks, hypertech, and 3.73s.... well today i finally got to run my car... best was a 13.09 @ 104 with a 1.84 60'.... and that was when it was about 80 outside.. well it started to cool down and i was like by God im gonna run a 12 tonight... then my car started cuttin out and would not run right and i kept runnin 13.1s- 13.4s... i was so pissed.. i still won 20 bucks off of some guy in a stang.. but i was so mad that it started cuttin out and i never broke a 12

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
That sux man. Did you pull the headlight out? :D I am hoping to break 12's on motor next weekend. You will be there quick I am sure. High humidity or anything?

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
100 shot generaly drops you about 1 full sec. give or take. I went 13.70 stock then with the 100 wet shot I went 12.61

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha.. my buddy was at a 13.8 and dropped to a 12.38..... im hopin i get that kinda drop... i figure if i can break a 12.9 next weekend and my car takes the spray like his ill run a solid 11.7

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Well like I said, mine was stock, no nitrous tune just colder plugs, plus its an auto, so I am sure you can get a bigger drop. Thats just the average I have seen doing kits is about a sec on a stock car. The mods and a good nitrous tune should easily sink you in the 11's

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah... then i can win some real money.. lol. i wouldnt feel bad throwin a 100 down on some of the cars around here lol... i wanted to race this s-trimed gt that was there but never got around to it. all he ran was a 12.9. i was like ***** if i had a s-trim i would be DEEP in the 11s. lol

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
power shifting... with a stock shifter.. then it started feeling kinda rubbery so i took my buddys pro 5.0 out of his fox body and put it in my car... still not as good as the ole upr...

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
sounds like my trip back at the end of december.... worked my way down to 13.00 and knew the next pass was a 12.9X, but the posi unit started peg legging after the pass and I didnt bother any more passes

which track?

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah man. i live in petal which is right next door to hat... yeah... we have some low key cars that come out once every couple of months, show people that they are everyones daddy and then go back into hiding. lol. the good races go down when we all ride down to the coast. or get the coast guys to come here. we have a nice little strip of our own called the industrial park. lol

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
you should be able to get in there with some drag radials or maybe take out your spare and stuff in the trunk. you never know, it might be good for a tenth of sec.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
im on 315 nittos... have no spare tire... lol. i have no back seat but i have a speaker box where the back seat used to be. i would have taken it out but its no as simple as just pullin it out. its fastened in pretty well... but i want it to go 12s dressed just like it would be on any regular day.... so i dont wanna take everything off just to run a 12 then put it back on and still be 13s. its gonna be a 12 sec car all the time. and i think i could consistantly run 12s if i can get it runnin right.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts