Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I switched my motor to a carb setup and still have the efi fuel pump.I have the fuel lines going to a fuel pressure regulator and iam getting no pressure.So I need to keep the pump running so I can build up pressure.How can I rig a way to get the pump to run when the car runs.

·
Registered
191 Posts
you need to put a relay in so you have ignition hot basically you need to power the pump with the ignition key and the safest way to do that is with a fuel pump relay kit from summit or painless that way you have a curcuit breaker as well

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where are the wires at in the wiring harness or am I going off the wires on the fuel pump.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
your fuel pump relay should be under the drivers seat

·
Registered
191 Posts
i would cut the pump wires in the spare tire well (with deleting the computer the original wires should not carry voltage) you can mount the relay and circuit breaker behind the hatch latch panel,you can ground right there,then just run the hot and key hot through car right to it,im assuming you deleted all efi wiring but retained original body harness

·
Registered
191 Posts
your fuel pump relay should be under the drivers seat
with deleting the efi the relay wont carry voltage since the computer controls the fuel system now he can tap into that relay but i think in this situation adding a new relay and circuit breaker would be best that way its isolated from the factory "rats nest" of wiring

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dont know what wires to delete yet.I need to get the fuel problem finished so the car can start and stay running.

·
Registered
191 Posts
well you can eliminate the computer and harness and hook your pump up like i expained and you should be good to go,you no longer have a use for any of that

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is good to know my buddy and i are gonna tackle it tomorrow.

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
no no no just find the power wire in the relay and wire it directly to the pump aka cross them right at the relay. Pump will come on when keys in the on position and stay on. Thats how my car is

·
Registered
191 Posts
he can do it that way,originally i was thinking he removed all efi related wiring but at this point it seems everything is still in the car lol

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wired it up today and she fired right up thanks every one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts