Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thinking about converting from EFI to carb.... how hard is it and how many mods will i have to do??????????

also is it possible to put a blower on the 2.3??? :drink

·
Registered
84 Posts
not to hard i am doing the same thing . you have to change fuel pumps, racer Walsh sells an adapter plate to bolt a Holley 2 barrel to the lower in efi intake. You have to plug the injector holes. Have to modify the throttle cable ? I'm sure they are some other things ? I'm in the process myself so i may run into some other obstacles ??

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
right on! let me know how it goes and what all needed to be done
i'm debating wether or not it is worth doing or to just upgrade to the 302

·
Registered
84 Posts
I did it before on a ministock racer but i yanked everything out and started fresh!!
Doing about the same, gonna put an MSD box in for ignition ,got a older distributor magnetic pick-up type ,prolly put all auto meter gauges in( I'm not to interested in trying to make the stock gauges work). There is a place that sells a plate that fits where your gauge cluster is to put in auto meter gauges. I'v got an auto 4 cyld, I did a 5 lug rear dics brake swap,going carb and a t-5 swap - while doing subframe connectors, strut tower brace, some good springs and gutting everything that does not make it faster!!! rebuilding the motor and just doing things it's a project really, hope to take it to some SCCA events one day ~ I miss racing~
If you really want power then go the 5.0, I'm just playing with this keeping it a 4. Plus i bet a friend i can out run his honda LOL!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts