Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 08 3V in my 04 running on an 03 2V ECM. I have a quarter horse chip in it also. I need it to pass emissions and it keeps throwing codes P0403 and P0406. Anybody have an idea to trick the ECM to think that there is an Egr valve there

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Tuning Junkie
148 Posts
I have a 08 3V in my 04 running on an 03 2V ECM. I have a quarter horse chip in it also. I need it to pass emissions and it keeps throwing codes P0403 and P0406. Anybody have an idea to trick the ECM to think that there is an Egr valve there

Thanks

Contact a company that makes custom tunes and ask them if they can make you a tune that shuts down those specific codes. You would have to buy a hand held tuner if they are able to make you one. Make sure you tell them all the details of your situation and vehicle. That is the only thing I can think of. The tuning company I use offered to shut off a code for me that had to do with my downstream O2 sensors so I think it could be possible.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Contact a company that makes custom tunes and ask them if they can make you a tune that shuts down those specific codes. You would have to buy a hand held tuner if they are able to make you one. Make sure you tell them all the details of your situation and vehicle. That is the only thing I can think of. The tuning company I use offered to shut off a code for me that had to do with my downstream O2 sensors so I think it could be possible.

I had that done, but it won't clear the monitors for the Egr to pass emissions.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did that. But because the code is off the Egr monitor won't clear. I ran the car for almost 1000 miles and it wouldn't pass the monitor. The minute I turned the codes back on the monitor cleared and it threw the CEL

·
Registered
132 Posts
There are others that have the swap like us. With no codes for the egr system. Tuner fixed that in the dyno tune. Honestly I don't see a way around this unless the tuner can fix it.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There are others that have the swap like us. With no codes for the egr system. Tuner fixed that in the dyno tune. Honestly I don't see a way around this unless the tuner can fix it.

Do you have emissions testing where you are?

·
Carving corners
3,327 Posts
Like op said it just turns them off when you scan the obd it comes up as not ready, you would have to physically alter the signal at the connector unfortunately I don't know what that entails

http://www.aa1car.com/library/egr.htm

Scroll down it shows how the ford obdii egr sensor works

·
Registered
132 Posts
We have the OBD2 testing here. Not the old school tail pipe sniffer. All I remember is before the dyno tune I had codes for the egr and a few other things. After they was gone.

·
Registered
634 Posts
i've fought this for years. I still have my EGR and the tube for the pressure differential for the EGR system connected to my long tube headers. I've replaced every part of the egr system and did all the ford drive cycle bullshit and cannot get the egr to ever shows as ready. Tuner couldn't take care of it either. I finally got an exemption from the state.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i've fought this for years. I still have my EGR and the tube for the pressure differential for the EGR system connected to my long tube headers. I've replaced every part of the egr system and did all the ford drive cycle bullshit and cannot get the egr to ever shows as ready. Tuner couldn't take care of it either. I finally got an exemption from the state.

Well this motor never came from the factory with an Egr. To get an exemption here, I need a letter from Ford

1 - 12 of 12 Posts