Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are so close to getting this thing running. I am deleting the cats and EGR. Picked up the EGR delete spacer and bracket from LMR and for some reason with the ford racing valve covers we are having clearance issues.

Anyone have this problem before?

Anyone modified this bracket to work without issue?

Once this is resolved we can work on finding out whats missing from the smog pump delete set up. first things first though. Appreciate any idea's, help?

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
If you have a manual tranny, then cut and shorten that throttle cable bracket. The end of that bracket is for the kick down cable on the auto trannys. If that still doesnt work then you may need to run a spacer between the upper & lower intake. But dont get to big of a spacer cuz the stock hood will hit your intake. If you have a cowl hood, then get what ever size you want.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
You will lose cruise if u cut it. But that's what I did cut at the hole for the throttle cable bolt and notch it

Sent from my SPH-D700 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You will lose cruise if u cut it. But that's what I did cut at the hole for the throttle cable bolt and notch it

So when you notched it you regained cruise control? We'll need cruise as this car is being built so we can use it on the power tour next year.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Appreciate the info Ryan. We already have a 1 inch spacer and we know the stock hood wont work and those are part of the delays with repainting a new hood.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Every setup is different, A/C, no A/C, Power Steering, No Power Steering, and the most important: Pulleys come in all sizes, especially with underdrives. RyanW I think has the link saved to the most likely common sizes, but I recommend the string method for measuring and buying the 5 closest belts to that size. 3 up and 2 down. Find which fits, return the rest.

EDIT: Found it. This should be close, if not right on if you have the actual stock pullies.
http://www.cjponyparts.com/tech-fox-body-belts/a/175/

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
No dnt cut it if u want cruise

·
Registered
11,200 Posts

How would you lose cruz by cutting the the throttle cable bracket ? Or did i miss some thing

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
89stroker. Like my first post. The end of the throttle cable bracket is for another cable to connect to. ( tv/ kick down cable) But you only need it if you have an auto tranny. If you have a 5 speed, you can cut the tip of the bracket off. Cuz nothing goes there. ( its just a universal bracket)

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
really? my curise was in there, Do you know where cruise is SUPPOSED to go?

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
can you buy a new cable mine got burnt on the header.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Really? Thank u

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Aha cute kid

1 - 20 of 22 Posts