Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thinking about deleting it just i dont like the look of all that mess. already have a cel so this will furthermore force me to get my car tuned which i have meaning to do forever but have slacked.
thanks ethan

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Agree with you there. just make sure you plug all the holes. I think a 1/2 in cap covers the male fitting on the driver side header.

·
Registered
18 Posts
looks better. more room. I always wondered why recirculating old gas back through the engine wasnt bad. I deleted that sh** when i changed my exhaust.

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
The purpose of the egr system is to bring your cold motor up to operating temperature faster. It is automatically turned off at w.o.t.

I am not really sure if deleting it hurts. I don't have it on my car anymore because I couldn't find an egr tube that would work with the svo intake.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
deleteing it doesnt really have disadvantages. advantage is more room and better visuals of the engine.
egr is actually used to reduce combustion chamber temps to reduce nox levels. strictly emissions related.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Egr is beneficial to some degree. taking it off will have no improvements . I keep it on all my motors and builds . It keeps chamber temperatures down .

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
looks better, and more room just like everyone else is saying.

I dont have emissions, so I take anything to do with emissions off also.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
i leave it on. cause more harm than good. Adiabatic flame temperature is lowered in the combustion chamber by it and this is a very good thing. It is also necessity as it keeps the overall combustion chamber temperature down as well. This is a GOOD thing and should not be deleted. it does not save any significant room.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i hear you on that but if you think about it in the case of it came out for obdII and was never around. and if its so helpful it would be on racecars. not putting down what you say at all. it is there to lower combustion chamber temps and no one wants pinging going on with predetonation.
we have 1 no so far

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
The purpose of the egr system is to bring your cold motor up to operating temperature faster. It is automatically turned off at w.o.t.

I am not really sure if deleting it hurts. I don't have it on my car anymore because I couldn't find an egr tube that would work with the svo intake.
Man were did you run into that SVO intake? I know they are hard to find and did you get any improvements.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts