Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so before my long absence i was having problems with my egr flow being insufficient.
after replacing the egr valve i was still getting the code for egr flow insufficient. so i replaced the sensor. still got the code.
well i left it alone because it was causing any problems other than the ugly CEL
well now it time for a new inspection sticker and im stumped on how to fix this.
any ideas?

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
presser sensor, egr valve, and there is one more piece that can go bad I forget the name go to autozone they will have it.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
vacuum solenoid gf, and its like 26 bucks at autozone...i think iv seen em cheaper but i cant remember sorry lol...you may also want to try to replace vacuum lines cause those could be leaking...also have u tried to like clean the pipes at all there was someone who suggested to do that with like carb cleaner, basically get a long bendable pipe with a brush on the end, spray some carb cleaner, scrub, repeat. I havent tried it yet but i was going to this weekend i got a small chimney cleaner to do it with cause its a strong pipe, small, but bendy so if the vacuum solenoid or replacing vacuum lines doesnt work then maybe try that

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
vacuum solenoid gf, and its like 26 bucks at autozone...i think iv seen em cheaper but i cant remember sorry lol...you may also want to try to replace vacuum lines cause those could be leaking...also have u tried to like clean the pipes at all there was someone who suggested to do that with like carb cleaner, basically get a long bendable pipe with a brush on the end, spray some carb cleaner, scrub, repeat. I havent tried it yet but i was going to this weekend i got a small chimney cleaner to do it with cause its a strong pipe, small, but bendy so if the vacuum solenoid or replacing vacuum lines doesnt work then maybe try that
ha yup thats it

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i replaced the solenoid this week end and no luck the code came back.
yea ive tried cleaning out the valve and intake but still got the code.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
have you checked to make sure your fuel cap is tight and seals?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea the fuel caps fine
ill be checking for leaks soon
just gotta get sometime to do anything

1 - 10 of 10 Posts