Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, just wondering but whats the benefit of deleting your pcv valve. and egr valve?

·
Registered
788 Posts
egr = wont pass emissions tests. pcv = no oil in the intakes after harsh driving. and you dont "delete" the pcv, you allow it to breathe outside of the engine.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
for the pvc, you take the tube off, put a breather filter on the valve cover, and you must block the hole in the intake off completly, the egr will save you from having hot exhaust gas in your car, for the egr delete you will have to get a tune, or a chip, otherwise after the delete your car will run bad

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, so no hp gains here i guess. well i read about some ppl doing it and i was jw.

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
egr = wont pass emissions tests.
won't pass with out a proper tune

and the advanteg to dleating it is u can remove the egr bungs in the lower intake, there for geting a better flowing intake.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i could care less about emissions i dont live in california i live in alabama, have you ever seen the sterotypes of redneck trucks? yeah theres a couple around here. runnin open headers lol.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
it wont do anything for a stock street car, more of a turbo mod

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
i could care less about emissions i dont live in california i live in alabama, have you ever seen the sterotypes of redneck trucks? yeah theres a couple around here. runnin open headers lol.
do u know for a fact that u don't have emitions, because i live in NY woch is about the secound strictest state after cali, and i have run open headers and know some other people who have also. but we still have emitions teasts.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh we have emissions laws, but know one gives a F***, especially out in the country.

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
then i would say pull out the pipe, get a tune for it, and then when u get a chance, to get a ported lower intake with the egr bungs removed and welded up.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hmm, no money for a tune :( . but i guess it doesnt matter seeing as how it doesnt really do anything.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah and for the trouble i think its best i just leave it alone. but the pcv valve seems like a good idea, i wanna get one of those cool k&n breathers :)

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
yeah and for the trouble i think its best i just leave it alone. but the pcv valve seems like a good idea, i wanna get one of those cool k&n breathers :)
that is a waist for the most part, u arnt gana get oil in ur intake, espeshaly if u have stock intakes, and since u don't have any major mods, and im asuming that ur car dosen't see a lot of trake time, save ur mony for somthing else.

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
unless your s/c or turbo'd
dont please
its kinda ricer IMO on a stock motor
u forgot winstar and other intake swaps that make it major pita, of just imposibal to run.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well, im far from a ricer, i hate those little weedeater things. if anything. my car is gonna get left out in the yard and im going to buy a GT as soon as im out of high school.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts