Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
About a year ago my brother installed Eibach brand lowering springs on my car for me. The ride is real bouncy and he continually says I should get the stock spring back on for a smoother ride.

I know there isn't much of a difference in height but I personally love the was everything is; minus the bumps.

I've heard people talk about installing coil over kits but I cannot seem to find an add on kit for the springs. All I really need is the strut and shock part and really don't want to spend $1K+.

Help..

·
Registered
62 Posts
You can't add on a coil-over conversion because the height and spring rate differences are astronomical. The ride is bouncy most likely because you didn't change the shocks/struts, stockers aren't meant for it and yours are more likely beyond their wear interval anyway. Get Konis or Bilsteins, they should be around $700-$800.

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
Actually, Eibach pro dampner shocks/struts are made to work with the pro kit springs so if you really want a good ride get those. They are designed to work together.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually, Eibach pro dampner shocks/struts are made to work with the pro kit springs so if you really want a good ride get those. They are designed to work together.
Thanks man, I just checked that out.

So I'm guessing if I get those all I need to do is add them to the springs I have on now, right? I know the shocks and struts aren't factory, brand new ones but I know using different shocks and struts rather than same brand it was do worse.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts