Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
dont mean to beat a dead horse here and i did research so dont flame me please

lets just say i can buy a set of pro-kit's for cheap.

what is the ACTUAL drop. i know the sportlines sit lower

what are the advantages over the stock cut springs... currently i have 1 coil cut in rear and 1.5 cut in front (love the stance) wouldnt mind more low :D

also if i got them and wanted MORE of a drop could i cut the pro kits' and would it retain a better ride quality than cut stockers.

edit: ALSO i forgot that they are off of a gt.... does this change anything besides maybe making them stiffer?

·
I'm doing it wrong
5,495 Posts
The drop won't be as much on a v6 than it would a gt if they were made for a gt. They will fit and everything. But since gts are heavier than the v6 they took that into account when making the springs. So you will probably be higher than you are now if you install those.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm.... he said he cut the fronts to be lower and he ran them without iso's or boots with no problems and its basically free btw so if anything i could mismatch mine with them to get a little better ride quality.

the more i talk to the guy the less relavant my post is becoming lol

·
El Torchy
4,706 Posts
Ok, I'm sorry to butt in but you said you cut your stock springs right? Did the ride quality change when you cut them? I have Pro-kits... They're stiffer than stockies of course... I love the stance but sometimes I miss the ride quality and comfort of stock springs.:yes

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, I'm sorry to butt in but you said you cut your stock springs right? Did the ride quality change when you cut them? I have Pro-kits... They're stiffer than stockies of course... I love the stance but sometimes I miss the ride quality and comfort of stock springs.:yes
the ride quality isnt really all that different it sure takes corners better but its still soft and a tad bit bouncy in places. its anything but stiff though lol

·
El Torchy
4,706 Posts
the ride quality isnt really all that different it sure takes corners better but its still soft and a tad bit bouncy in places. its anything but stiff though lol
I guess you can consider that as an advantage with cut springs... It's cheaper, you get the ride height that you're looking for... And keep the ride comfort at the same time... I can't complain about my springs though... They haven't caused me any problems the whole 4(?) years that I've had them... Stance is just the way I want it... No 4x4... Not slammed either.:)

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess you can consider that as an advantage with cut springs... It's cheaper, you get the ride height that you're looking for... And keep the ride comfort at the same time... I can't complain about my springs though... They haven't caused me any problems the whole 4(?) years that I've had them... Stance is just the way I want it... No 4x4... Not slammed either.:)
nice nice but like i said im getting these for a trade of my old tires off my cobra r's and ill put them on to see how the ride is and the stance.

the only thing im concerned about is the fact that their for a gt but he said he cut them in the front already so im sure it will be fine.

here is a picture of his with the springs on there

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My ride quality went out the window w/ 18's ... Stiffer springs might be scary :p
what size tires are you running..... if you got some rubber bands on there its gonna suckkkk

need a little beef there
what setup are you running?

aftermarket springs? cut stockers?? tire size??

·
El Torchy
4,706 Posts
My ride quality went out the window w/ 18's ... Stiffer springs might be scary :p
I agree... Pro kits are freakin' stiff already... Does he still have them on his car... Why not ask him if you could drive it around the block or something just to get a feel... Another thing, they're on a GT... It probably won't look and feel the same when you install them on your car...

Personally, I wouldn't do it... I'd stick with the cut stockers...:)

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hmm i actually just did a lil research and the pro kit for the gt's has a spring rate of 502-570lbs/in

and the v6 is 396-627lbs/in :wtf lol how does that make sense...

sooooooo.... it looks like it might work

because the stock spring rate is 400 lbs/in

even if i do not end up liking them i could sell them :D

I like a nice TIGHT ride in a sports car im not looking for a cadillac ride quality i want to go around a turn and not "hug" also the stiffer springs would improve braking distance so i am going to get them and like i said i can always go back to my cut stockers.

but for the guys that has these what are some things you noticed when you put them on other than the drop... lol like rubbing etc.

i dont think i will need C/C plates correct?

·
El Torchy
4,706 Posts
I don't have c&c plates... However I do have a VERY LITTLE negative camber... Hardly noticeable... You can't tell unless you really look for it... All I need is camber bolts...

·
MM's Official Lucifer
4,081 Posts
Cutting progressive rate springs? Hmm. I guess it could work but wtf so pointless to me. The v6 prokits lowered me 1.75" from stock measured at the side skirt.

Of course getting progressive rate springs is going to stiffen the ride a little, every mod you do takes away from the drivability of the car (95% of the time).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts