Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, last weekend I stumbled across another too good to be true deal on a Denali. I actually stopped to check out a Sierra diesel on the lot and came across a 2005 black Denali XL. Truck was clean, 50k on the odometer I wasn't really ready/prepared to do this deal, but once we crunched numbers - I couldn't leave it on the lot.

Got it last Saturday (offed my 07 Avalanche saving a **** load payment and insurance wise) and today was the first day I could put the emay jimmy shagg on it and get the black back to my vision of what black should always look like. While the truck was extremely clean, previous owner was not keeping the contaminents off the thing.

I took it in for tint already during the work week, limo on all the back doors and windshield strip, and 20% on front doors.

AVIC z3 is in and patched to rear entertainment system. Love the cleanliness of the oem overhead video monitor. Back up camera is on board as is blue tooth, ipod and XM tuner for the AVIC.

Up next is a 3/5 drop - black paint on all the chrome body parts, and in the spring - a set of wheels.

So here's the new, but used DD.

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not so sure yet.. Probably something with a big lip, undecided on all chrome or Black with chrome lip. Those wheels on there are 20's and look like 17's in the pics.. So probably going to bump up in size..

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
Love those Denali's...I might get one as my dd soon...

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
Bigger wheels would look good. You should black out the GMC in the grille.

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I clayed the **** out of it, right behind front wheels really needed some attention with the DA. Then a good final buff, and chased that with a hard polish.. Hood and front bumper will need repaint as does the rear bumper - previous owner scratched it badly on left rear corner.

Is that your new ride Ryan?

·
Old timer
9,296 Posts
Yeah unfortunately times called for me to let go of the mach. This is my first black car and the previous owner did not take care of it at all.

This is after 1 pass with the rotary and adams swirl and haze remover.

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This is my second 1rnk, I had an 03 all decked out. I made a mistake getting out of it, but I'm back.. The 6.0 pulls great, awd does good work, and the interior offers all the comfort one could ask for. Add to it the air ride, decent factory wheels and a aftermarket following and it's even better.

·
August 08 ROTM
865 Posts
Nice ride Erin...will look good blacked out!

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Took her down 2/3. Beltech 2" front spindles, Beltech 3" rear coils, shock relocators, and Air Ride helper bags to compliment the factory air ride.

Before:

After:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts