Modded Mustang Forums banner

electric fan not working

6K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  86er 
#1 · (Edited)
so my electric fan is not working on my 03 gt and i cant figure out the problem, checked the fuses, replaced the fan and the CCRM and it still doesnt come on, any ideas?

EDIT: after looking through the diagrams in the haynes, the only thing left it seems to be is the PCM power relay, cant find any info about it though or where its located or anything

#2 ·
Are you talking about the radiator electric fan? Is it overheating because of this? Just want to make sure that you know it's not supposed to always be running but rather it only runs when needed.

#3 ·
yes the radiator fan, it doesnt turn on when i turn the AC on which it should, it will only overheat when i sit there and let it idle for a long period of time. it started getting warm last time and letting antifreeze out of the cap and that's when i noticed the fan not working

#7 ·
that fuse is good, tested it with a meter to make sure, im gonna test everything tomorrow with my multimeter and figure out what the problem is. finally getting to put all my electrical training to the test haha

#10 ·
what ever ford calls for is what you should use. If you put a fuse thats rated at a higher amperage than whats called for you stand a good chance of seriously fubaring stuff up. Its at that amperage for a reason

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.