Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking into buying an electric fan, i hear they are supposed 2 free up a few extra hp, question is= what is CFM such as 1000 CFM and is it better to have more or less?

·
Registered
288 Posts
CFM is cubic feet per minute, which is a measure of airflow. From what i know more is usually better, translates to better cooling characteristics.

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
me and sean just put an electric fan off of a junkyard tarus on my stang,cools perfectly, i did notice the car was a bit quicker, and the best part is no more freakin hurricane sound from under the hood when you rev it high

·
Registered
288 Posts
im not sure on the size... but as long as it cools ok your gonna be good. I guess it depends on your application for what size fans and CFM rating you will need

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
go to the junkyard and get an electric fan off a 3.8 tauras or cougar or ltd they have 2 differnt speeds so if the first doesnt cool well enough switch it over..

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
too bad there arent any junk yards around here................. god i hate colorado, im lookin at anew one thats 14in 3000 rpm 7amp draw and 1200 cfm

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
ill sell u mine for 50 plus shipping... ill just go get another

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
i would say get like a 16 inch or maybe two 10"

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
its not gonna cover anywhere near all of the radiator.....i put one on my tacoma and i just bought a 12" off ebay figuring since my truck wasnt that big i wouldnt need a very big one.....it wasnt near big enough to cover the radiator...i even left the shroud on to help it......i think it would be good to do two 10s and mount on upper left corner and the other on the lower right hand corner....thats just my two cents......and you can get s-blades on ebay for like 20 bucks a piece

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
it doesnt run hot or anything.....i dont ever run the ac though even during the summer just because of the gas mileage it gets with the ac on......the only two times its overheated was once when i had the ac pump on but the fan was turned way down so i forgot it was on and i was mudding so it was seeing some rpms......the was when i left it running without the headlights on(the guy installed the thermostat thru my headlight fuse) and i forgot that so it overheated but that was just due to the fan not being on

1 - 20 of 30 Posts