Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, just got the car back from the shop, new intake, theromostat, some tubes. Nothing major with electrics.

Now My radio has been cutting out here and there, turns right back on withing about a second. The other day I couldnt get it to start untill I jiggled my battery cables.

Now there is a crap load of corrosion on the terminals and connectors, Im about to get some stuff from work and clean them off.

Im hoping this is the cause of it, and the battery is just losing its neg connection and thus causing the circet to stop.

Any ideas? Before I take it back:confused:

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
MOst likely loose or cruded up cables. but take to AutoZone or a like clone and have them test your battery. Better to find out it's going shouthm then end stranded, and have to two it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I cleaned up the terminals, noticed a diffrence right away. When my car after it went into the shop from my blown hose(it shot heated coolant all over my enginbay) there was dirt but no corrusion. When I took a good look at it the metal part of the cable to the battery was, pretty much green. The car did sit at the deal for over a week.

When driving, I would hit my breaks to engage the lights and I noticed the lights inside my car dim. (didnt do it before)

I cleaned it off and reconnected the terminals, car started smoother, checked out my lights, no problems. I belive it just wasnt getting all the juice though the cable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts