they light up your feet and passengers feet under the dash

i know it sounds kinda ricerish but i got some that match my gauge lights
and i was wanting to put them in

i need to find a 12V fused source and i have no idea where to locate one

can anyone help me

·
Registered
84 Posts
there is a fuse box under the dash that has alot of them ?!!
or run one from the battery with a fuse inline.
How do you want to activate them ?
you will need to put a switch in somewhere.

·
Registered
748 Posts
switch, preferably use a relay.

you could run the power to the switch off(paralell) to the cigarette lighter on the coil side of a relay. and then run a wire out of a spare fuse location (put fuse in--10a/20a should be good) to the lights/cathodes/neons/leds, then to ground. this way you have a safety..a small cureent controlling a larger current. especcially if u use many lights or leds, or cathodes that may be prone to getting hot.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea im using a switch so i could only use them at night

ok so im new to the whole electrical thing so i might need some further explanation on running the power to the switch off like how to get the wire into the interior and using the spare fuse space and where to run them to a ground
haha sorry

thanks guys i really appreciate it

·
Registered
31 Posts
yea right under the driver side dash remove one of the pannels theres a box there rewire one of the empty fuse lines to your "mood lights" and there you go

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, so in order to rewire it do you have to take out the fues box

and in order to get power to the light am i going to have to have wires run from the positive side of the battery, to the fuse then to my lights then back to the fuse then back out to the battery

lol like i said im new to the while wiring thing

·
Registered
748 Posts
if there is already power at the 1 terminal in the fuse block all you have to do is put another terminal in, put a fuse ion. run the new wire to the light(s) and through the switch...then to grouind.thats the quick way of doing it

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok guys i got everything in so they cut on when i cut the lights on
but i also have a switch in case i dont want em on
theyre actually a little bit brighter, but my camera just sucks so they look dim
what do you guys think?
View attachment 12858
View attachment 12859

·
Registered
748 Posts
i like them. i had that done in my grand am. exceopt i had them under the dash and seat, on both sides and in the console. (all lites hidden w/cuts in factory plastic to allow light to shine through. you did a good job. it looks nice.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks i really like them alot too

im actually putting them in my friends car now for his birthday as a gift to him

it was alot of fun learning how to do

im glad i have people to help that will help me

·
2008 Hammock Rodeo Champ
1,227 Posts
yeah. doing any kind of electronics work can be really fun. especially when you've never done it before and you succeed in your task. electronics (especially DC electronics) projects are really simple when you stop and think about it. but, you can do some really cool stuff with relays and a couple toggle switches. before you know it, you'll be building a relay bank for your very own homemade keyless entry/remote start system, and wiring the radio to stay on after ingniton is off, till the doors open, like newer cars. that one can be tricky. i spent the good part of a day trying to figure out why my radio was shutting off if i opened the door with the car running. but as with any DC electronics problem, it was a small problem wtih a simple solution. (a solution that i was obviously to stupid to see right away)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts