Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
3v reppin'
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having some issues after installing Saleen rear fascia. I've got it all put in and wired up per the instructions but the third brake light doesn't work properly. When I plug it in, it lights up immediately. When I push the brakes, it turns off until I release the brake pedal, then lights back up. If I leave it for awhile, it turns off with the trunk light, and turns back on if I hit the trunk release button.

In addition to this, my dash display shows "trunk ajar" and I have to press reset it each time I get in the car.

It's not something stupid like having the trunk light wired into it, or anything stupid like that. I've checked and rechecked everything to my knowledge and ability.

Has anyone run across a problem like this, or have a clue what I can do to figure out what's wrong?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Do you have a digital volt meter? Easiest way to test electrical gremlins. Just test to see if you have 12 volts where you need it and ground where it's needed. Sounds to me like you have the wires reversed, somehow you have a constant hot(12vdc) on a wire that shouldn't have voltage. Ground should have continuity right to the chassis.

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
^ this. get a multimeter and find the correct wire that is only hot when your brakes are being pressed. when the brakes are released it should not read anything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts