Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came home from work today, to see that the brake light on the rear driver’s side was on. I have a 2006 V-6 convertible. The passenger side was not on and the headlights/taillights switch was not on. When I pushed on the brake pedal, both back lights came on. I’m assuming there is a short in the line somewhere. I’m hoping that changing the socket will solve the problem. Any other ideas what I should look for?

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Has it rained recently? Lights being on randomly is usually caused by water getting into the smart junction box. Its located behind the passenger side kick panel. I would recemmend taking the kick panel off and checking for moisture before anything else.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Since you said its just one side, my inclination is that its a short as said above. You can double check the brake light switch/button thats under the brake pedal. But that wouldnt make sense as being the issue unless your other bulbs are burnt out.

·
Registered
130 Posts
So what was the result? Was it your junction box and if so did it work when it dried out or did you have to replace it? I had to replace mine after it got wet and windows would not roll up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts