Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just started getting into mustangs. I got a 1988 Ford mustang convertable. All stock 302. Avery thing was running good but it needed a tune up bad so i did one myself. So first i put msd distributor cap and button. Platinum plugs but stack 8mm wires. about two weeks later it stalled at a red light. I had to get it towed home. then i replaced the coil with msd coil, and alternator, my battery is weak but cant afford a new one yet. Tried starting but would not fire it turns over great, has plenty of fuel pressure because i replaced the fuel pump, sending unit, and filter before. Its getting me so agervated can some one please give me an idea of what i should try next. i would great full.... thank You. mike http

·
902 Posts
just because you have a pump, sending unit and filter doesnt mean you know you have fuel pressure. Have you checked it with a gauge? the regualtor could be bad. have you checked for spark, or are you just guessing that you have spark because you have some new parts?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a buddy check the pressure and he said its good. We also checked for spark at the coil by arcing it but their was no arc is there a better way to test at the coil for spark?

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
You can use a spark plug tester, but honestly, if you have a decent spot to ground a screwdriver, arcing a coil or plug wire will work just as good, and you don't have to buy another tool to do it. How are you arcing it out? Also what was the pressure reading at?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts