Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 88 foxbody GT; today I started the car and noticed that my windows would not roll down, my stereo would not play, my air coditioner fan was not blowing and my turn signals would not work. When I tried to turn the car off; my key was stuck in the run position. The only way I could get the key out was to turn it further clockwise for it to release. When I tried to start it up the second time; everything worked fine. However, upon getting to the store and coming out afterwards; the key did the same thing. Is this an ignition or starter problem? Any help would be appreciated.

·
meh
5,272 Posts
When mine started going out, I could start it normally but I had to turn it backwards just a little for everything else to work. Pretty soon it completely stopped working. When I took the switch off, it literally fell apart.

The security screws were hard to get off. I ended up using vice grips, and replaced them with regular screws.

·
Sheriff Metal Face
5,579 Posts
ignition switch. I replaced it twice on my old 87 and once on my 88. Takes like 5 minutes. Vice grips work good on the screws

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys. I thought it was the ignition switch; but wanted to get some second opinions. I will let you know how it turns out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts