Modded Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
What springs? Are they lowering springs or drag springs?

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
Is the upper adjustable? Set your anti-squat % to about 120% and then go from there. Get some good drag springs and shocks, and struts. Yes, front suspension plays a big part in how your car hooks.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Had my old boss adam at st motorsports do a tune on his dyno.

Power increased from 322whp 309rwtq to 345whp and 325rwtq

·
Registered
693 Posts
Are they both SAE corrected?
I think what he was asking was what corrections were used, SAE J1349 and SAE J607 are the most common.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Yes both sae correction factor. He doesnt use std numbers he said. Its a dynojet but still. This was going from chris' tune to adams tune on same day.

·
Resident Headbanger
2,414 Posts
Chris' tune was underachieving 'cause with 345/325 from Adam's tune, you now have the power your engine should have been making with your mods. Adding a set of underdrive pulleys would get you over the 350rwhp mark.
Can you post your dyno graph?

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Chris' tune was underachieving 'cause with 345/325 from Adam's tune, you now have the power your engine should have been making with your mods. Adding a set of underdrive pulleys would get you over the 350rwhp mark.
Can you post your dyno graph?

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

I need a manifold he said.

·
Resident Headbanger
2,414 Posts
An FRPP intake manifold will get you up to ~358rwhp with peak TQ remaining ~325lbft at 5200rpm. However, you'll lose up to ~15rwtq in the 3300-5200rpm range and your torque curve will look something like the attachment (red line).
If you install underdrive pulleys, you'll still have over 350rwhp but there'll be NO loss of TQ anywhere in the rpm range.

Attachments

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
An FRPP intake manifold will get you up to ~358rwhp with peak TQ remaining ~325lbft at 5200rpm. However, you'll lose up to ~15rwtq in the 3300-5200rpm range and your torque curve will look something like the attachment (red line).
If you install underdrive pulleys, you'll still have over 350rwhp but there'll be NO loss of TQ anywhere in the rpm range.
Where are you getting these numbers from? I think im gonna do a throttle body eith an intake manifold. I dont know if im ready to drop 15rwtq tho lol

·
Resident Headbanger
2,414 Posts
All the dyno tests of the FRPP manifold that I've seen follow a similar pattern. No surprise really as the shorter runners of the FRPP manifold favor high rpm breathing while the stock manifold with CMDPs is strongest in the upper midrange, with a typical "double hump" in the TQ curve at ~4400 and ~5200rpm respectively.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Yeah 60ft times are like 2/3 of a drag race. Previous best was a 12.9 @ 114 in not so good air with worn out tires. Best 60ft was a 2.1. Most recent outing netted a 12.6 @ 115 in worse air but with a 2.0 60ft. I picked up 3 tenths just from getting a better 60ft.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
All the dyno tests of the FRPP manifold that I've seen follow a similar pattern. No surprise really as the shorter runners of the FRPP manifold favor high rpm breathing while the stock manifold with CMDPs is strongest in the upper midrange, with a typical "double hump" in the TQ curve at ~4400 and ~5200rpm respectively.
In that case i would need more gear to stay up in thebpowerband. Cause the 373s i have now are still very long.

·
Resident Headbanger
2,414 Posts
In that case i would need more gear to stay up in the powerband. Cause the 373s i have now are still very long.
Yup. You'd need 4.10s.
You could install the FRPP intake manifold with 62mm TB and do underdrive pulleys. Should put you at ~365rwhp and ~330rwtq.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
21 - 40 of 42 Posts