Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am watching hulu right, sure. Well one of the adds that comes on during the commercial break is one for google where they do a series of searches. One of the searches is "Car modifications" and it scrolls through different pictures.

Well one of those pictures is this one

Now I have two questions.....First, is that not Emays car and picture, and second why is there someone elses trademark stamped on the bottom of it if it is Emays car/picture?

EDIT: Make that two different trademarks (one stamped on top of the other) on the bottom of his picture?

·
Tini Tini Bo Bini
9,029 Posts
:withhomo

·
Just A Girl
8,841 Posts
:eek:

:eek:hsnap

Erin's gonna be PISSED! Unless he knew about this of course. The fact that they use them may not be a big deal if he's given them permission but if he did, they shouldn't have stamped over his name. That's BS.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:eek:

:eek:hsnap

Erin's gonna be PISSED! Unless he knew about this of course. The fact that they use them may not be a big deal if he's given them permission but if he did, they shouldn't have stamped over his name. That's BS.
Mhmm my thinking exactly. I thought it was cool though that his car made it into a google commercial.
/image fail

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
Redux, let me thank you up front for putting this up.

Next, let me say I am ****in fuming right now. I gave no permission for the shots to be manipulated. Had they posted them logo-less with my sig in tact I wouldn't say a word.

Next, this is a classic example of why you have to mark your photos. What they may not know is those images, as are most of my own car pics, is watermarked digitally and cannot be removed from the file data. I pay yearly for that service and all rights to the photos are mine entirely and proceeds or profit made by use of my photo I have rights to. Just a matter of going after them to find out what's going on.

To be honest, if they'd have left the picture alone without changes or cover up, I wouldn't give two shits about it. Even if they had made any money. Mainly because it's free publicity for me.

I don't know who these ass hats are, or what crap ass people are running the site, never seen it before.

Wonder how long they have stolen these for. Those pics are from mid 08. Man I'm pissed off right now. At least ask for use.

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
Agreed AZ, I've put up plenty of pics without logos to several sites because they legitimately asked me outright if I wouldn't mind. Done it plenty of times.

Looks like three shots stolen, anyone have a link to the google-mercial so I can get my ducks in a row. I'm gonna have to give this to my lawyer and let him determine what and if there is a good cause to chase. My first impression is - everything on that site is stolen, kinda like the person who owns it went out and took info from everywhere. I see a lot of other site advertisement, so my play will likely be that any attached site could be netting hits/sales because they landed on stangpicturethieves.com via a picture of mine.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.