Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this suppose to happen? I hit the brakes hard this morning on the way into work and saw the e-brake light come on. I checked and the handle was all the way down when I touched. Once i came to a full stop the light went off

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
And if you have to keep adding more fluid every couple weeks then you might want to look into a possible leak somewhere. (i.e. either at the caliper, or most commonly where the master cylinder mounts to the firewall).

·
:)
11,583 Posts
your braking power is so strong that your car is warning everyone behind you of how badass your brakes are and that they should keep far away.

Hence, the emergency lights.

:eek:

·
8,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ill take a look at everything this weekend, thanks guys.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
No prob.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
I wouldnt be so quick to top off your brake fluid, I would check out how my brake pads looked first, as worn down brake pads could make your brake fluid level appear low because the brake caliper pistons are extended pretty far to keep those worn down pads in contact with the brake disc. So if your brake light is coming on then you might need your brakes done pretty soon!
This has been the case with me and my Stang twice as well as my brothers Mustangs, and having the brakes done fixed the problem everytime.

·
Registered
998 Posts
This is caused by your back break pads. Change them and this will go away. I have had this before, and it's not a big deal

·
8,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I checked the fluid and it looked good, The pads havent been changed since I got the car 20k miles ago. I need somethin a bit more aggressive anyway, I have some Hawk pads waiting for install. The stang is gonna get some rest over the winter though. Stang doesnt do so well the cold weather and snow.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I wouldnt be so quick to top off your brake fluid, I would check out how my brake pads looked first, as worn down brake pads could make your brake fluid level appear low because the brake caliper pistons are extended pretty far to keep those worn down pads in contact with the brake disc. So if your brake light is coming on then you might need your brakes done pretty soon!
This has been the case with me and my Stang twice as well as my brothers Mustangs, and having the brakes done fixed the problem everytime.
Aren't you supposed to bleed the line when you push the pistons back in? I've heard trying to force the fluid back into the reservoir is bad...

hence having to fill it back up no matter if you change them or not.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts