Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has a pypes lt's, pypes uncatted h pipe and flowmaster muffler for those of you who have emissions in your area/state whatever, how do you get it to pass without cats?

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
You have a custom tune? I have no cats, but my tuner shut it off so my CEL doesnt come on, but the Catalyst monitor is on. It takes ****ing FOREVER for the EGR and catalyst monitors to clear, but it will. My EVAP (which is usually the hardest) will clear way way way before the EGR and catalyst.

Just make sure they dont do a visual inspection, try to toss the inspector and extra $20-$30. Or slam the car to the ground so they cant get a jack under it

·
C6Z's & ZL1's are afraid
3,444 Posts
ive gotta smog my car in april and here in Cali smog laws are pretty strict or were. i know that starting Jan. 2013 they are no longer doing visual inspections if ur car is 2000 or newer as they are going to be just going off of the OBDII.

i have a catless x pipe but imma swap the stock h w/ cats back on when its time for smog and just re-tune it for the stock pipe for it to pass just to be safe.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have a tune but not one to bypass the bs, but one guy at a shop told me to unplug my radiator plug so the motor heats up alittle so it burns more fuel in the exhaust which means less unburned fuel

·
C6Z's & ZL1's are afraid
3,444 Posts
i have a tune but not one to bypass the bs, but one guy at a shop told me to unplug my radiator plug so the motor heats up alittle so it burns more fuel in the exhaust which means less unburned fuel
u dont have the stock h-pipe?

·
C6Z's & ZL1's are afraid
3,444 Posts
no i dont :/
well not sure bout the unplugging radiator idea. doesn't sound too bright to me. if u can pickup a used stock h pipe w/ all 4 cats id do that rather than risk overheating ur engine

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
ive gotta smog my car in april and here in Cali smog laws are pretty strict or were. i know that starting Jan. 2013 they are no longer doing visual inspections if ur car is 2000 or newer as they are going to be just going off of the OBDII.

i have a catless x pipe but imma swap the stock h w/ cats back on when its time for smog and just re-tune it for the stock pipe for it to pass just to be safe.
there also gonna start star testing which is worse than gold shield smog lol :facepalm:

·
C6Z's & ZL1's are afraid
3,444 Posts
there also gonna start star testing which is worse than gold shield smog lol :facepalm:
wtf is star testing?

nvm just read it. wow. ****ing California... lol

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
stations ran by gov, for newer cars that didnt pass there first time will have to go to these stations iirc, so im fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuk'd lol

so my connection to pass is worthless :/

·
Wanna be show worthy.
11,838 Posts
No visual inspection for 2000+!?

Sent from my LG-E739 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
C6Z's & ZL1's are afraid
3,444 Posts

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
hmm maybe my car will pass after the cams are installed lol

·
Registered
480 Posts
So basically in CA as of January if you have a tuner on the car your own OBDII will rat you out. I wonder if you take your car back to a stock tune if the OBDII can tell that and alert the SMOG tester? This is just another reason I haven't gone all out and bought a bunch of bolt ons even if they are C.A.R.B. approved. Who wants the ****ing hassle for what little they give you? I will just throw in some gears and keep it running at its best with stock parts. Then this stupid ass state and their god damn politicians can go **** themselves. They all should be marched out on the lawn of the capital building and disposed of. Sorry for the rage but I am sick of it. I am planning my escape from this God forsaken place as I type.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts