Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I bought my 5.0 about a month ago, had it tested and it failed for HydroCarbon emissions. From what I've read, this seems to be a problem of running rich or not burning all the fuel. I'm in the process of running injector cleaner through the engine, debating buying new plugs and wires. Wondering if besides these things, you guys have any other suggestions besides knowing someone in the business. I know I've got a slight leak b/w the header and h-pipe, could this be a major problem? ( I'm gunna fix it over the weekend regardless) E-85 isn't sold in CT so I can't use that. Thanks

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
That or Zmax

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
i failed that stupid **** like 4 times till me and sean put an h pipe with 4 cats on it and i passed with flying colors, do you have stupid highflow cats or somethin?

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Old cats are prolly the culprit. They loose there effectiveness over the life of the cat.

·
Registered
569 Posts
i dont even know how i passed emissions im in ct too and my check engine light has always been on...o well

·
Registered
593 Posts
I had to retard timing, and add methyl hydrate to my gas tank. Exhaust smelt like vodka - passed with flying colours.

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
I'm still trying to debate if I want to remove my lower or upper cats. I'm losing to much power. I live in a non-emissions area so the basic inspection is lights and horn and wipers... brakes too and that's it. I'm tempted to buy some headers and H pipe myself and say **** it.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
maybe new cats, plugs/wires etc may help a little......run the piss out of it on the way there also

1 - 10 of 10 Posts