Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have had an emissions place fail you for exhaust leaks?

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Not personally but it is part of the emmisions inspection. I've failed the visual for not having my TB line attached to my valve cover. Making it worse was they spent the time putting it on the dyno and doing the sniffer first which passed with no problem and then failed it on visual.

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
Not personally but it is part of the emmisions inspection. I've failed the visual for not having my TB line attached to my valve cover. Making it worse was they spent the time putting it on the dyno and doing the sniffer first which passed with no problem and then failed it on visual.
:piss2: Emissions. We don't have testing on 1997 and older cars in New Hampshire. Other states are just trying to push out and destroy the older muscle cars. I see the point of being environmentally conscious, but most guys driving Foxes and older musclecars are only putting a few thousand miles on them a year. They want us to buy hybrids then put $40,000 price tags on them. I put my wife and daughters in a new car and I purposely drive three other non emissions cars, 1984 K5 Blazer, 1992 Toyota 4x4 straight axle conversion, 1992 Mustang GT :naughty: One less thing to worry about. New Hampshire has strict safety inspections though.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Ive driven my fox less then 1k in the last 1 1/2 years. It sucks that emissions is even an issue

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
I use one shop specifically for inspections. They found a leak at my hpipe once but instead of failing me they took the time to grab two wrenches and tighten it up. Problem solved, i passed, and drove home happy.

Now if its rusted through thats another story.

·
Pretend Mustang Guru
329 Posts
Man hearing this just makes me happy to live in Illinois. No inspections whatsoever. All they can do is pull you over for exhaust decibels and usually cops just pull over gay ricers. Most respect a nice sounding 5.0.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Ive driven my fox less then 1k in the last 1 1/2 years. It sucks that emissions is even an issue
There was one point where my 91 went 58 miles between emissions inspections and that was in a two year time frame. It failed and I had to drive around and burn off the old gas to get it to pass on the retest. Right now, they are both in the driveway expired and I'll have to do the same in the spring although my 88 passes 25 years next month and VA stops after that.

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,964 Posts
Emissions-eeeeeeyyyyyyyyeeeeewwwww. Glad they did away with them here.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I could see how they would fail you for a leak before the cats but idk about after the cats.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts