Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah im from ohio were they dont do this **** moved to virginia and im wondering what they look fro or how they do the test in virginia if anyone knows and will my mods pass it i still got cats and muflers all my mods are listed

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i have flowmaster cat backs too

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
shorties and wtf is a cel

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh chek engine light yeah i got it...how do i make it go away for ever

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
MIL Eliminators. CEL is technically a dummy term, they are technically called a Malfunction Indicator Light. Buy some eliminators and it will trick the computer.

And if you have the stock H pipe, you will be fine, unless something is wrong with your car.

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
You can also turn your rear o2's off with a handheld or custom tune.
Staring at it is a last resort option, takes hours.........
no he can't..........not on 96-98's.........

supposedly 98's work like that, but i've never met 1 who could, including my neighbor

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts

supposedly 98's work like that, but i've never met 1 who could, including my neighbor
you can turn off the o2s just not calabrate the speedo...

Scott Patten my tuner has done it many times...

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts

My rear o2's are turned off by my handheld, no MILs and no CEL

·
Registered
663 Posts
If they don't do a visual and they only plug it into the OBDII, you'll pass with flying colors.

Here in Illinois you can roll your car up with no cats, long tube headers, heavy engine mods and all. If that CEL isn't on, you win.

If they do a visual I'm pretty sure some states are ridiculously picky on exhaust mods and headers. That if you don't have cats, have fun. You'll never pass a look, and certainly not the dyno.

·
The UPS guy
3,232 Posts
they have little mirrors....im staying stock headers for a while and then ford racing shorties...so in 2 years when inspection ttime comes i'll switch stock h pipe back on..i just dont want to be driving around with CEL on

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah ia sked a friend they do use mirrors and as long as i ahev something thatlooks like a cat and something that looks like a muffler and no cel im good i really think when inspection time comes ill just accedentally snip a wire to the dash lighting and tape it back up after the inspection

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
from what ive heard your fine as long as you have something that resembles a cat and something else that resembles a muffler and no cel

1 - 20 of 20 Posts