Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
He of Long Wind
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After tonight's speech on immigration, the thrust of the conservative rebuttal will be about the balance of powers, the legality of executive orders, and the President's gall in taking unilateral action. Unfortunately, few outside the conservative choir will pay any attention to their sermons. I suggest a different approach.

I think we should stop using the word "President" to describe Barack Obama. Instead, we should substitute the title "Emperor." The argument can easily be made that he is no longer serving the function of a U.S. President, but rather he is governing as the Monarch of an Empire. Republicans should spend no time sulking over the technical details and interpretations of rules and protocols about this upcoming executive action melee. They should simply say, we no longer have a President. We have an Emperor.

I say, take a page from the liberal play-book. People don't need (or want) to really understand the issues. They just need a descriptive nickname or slogan. People understand that. You don't have to understand British politics to comprehend what Margaret Thatcher's "The Iron Lady" nickname likely meant. Similarly, even the lowest-information voters would understand the negative (anti-American) implications and likely reasoning for calling Barrack Obama "Emperor Obama" instead of President.

Imagine if every Republican and conservative adopted the term. If literally half the time the man's name was spoken, written, or read, is was preceded by the title of Emperor instead of President ... personally, I think it would stick. With the right strategy, it would become part of the American vernacular - the Global vernacular for that matter. Can you imagine the impact? Imagine hearing Paul Irving at the State of the Union announce, "Mr. Speaker, the Emperor of the United States." Imagine every conservative pundit repeating the phrase over and over thousands of times. Thousands of publications, both for and against the term, but all nonetheless repeating it. Imagine if Ed Henry summoned the balls to ask Josh Earnest a question about "Emperor Obama" in front of the press core.

And each time the title was spoken, it would punctuate the distain Barack Obama had earned for his arrogance and poor leadership. With just two words, every American could make their disappointment and disgust known. And everyone would know exactly what it means - including Emperor Obama.

I can dream ...

·
The Boss is in
23,756 Posts
Damn, that was a good read.

I can dream as well I guess, that would most definitely work. He's despicable, he does what he wants and doesn't give a **** what anyone says. He just has his cronies pass them off as racists or conservative extremists who are just picking on him. He gets worse and worse everyday. I don't understand how anyone can still support the moron that is Emperor Obama.

·
Registered
11,184 Posts
I think we should stop using the word "President" to describe Barack Obama. Instead.......

I say, take a page from the liberal play-book. People don't need (or want) to really understand the issues. They just need a descriptive nickname or slogan. People understand that. You don't have to understand British politics to comprehend what Margaret Thatcher's "The Iron Lady" nickname likely meant. Similarly, even the lowest-information voters would understand the negative (anti-American) implications and likely reasoning for calling Barrack Obama "Emperor Obama" instead of President.
The weird thing about that and you even see it on here and especially on cable news for some years since 2009 they and quite a few ppl on here have never referred to the President as President Obama. it was always Obama, Obummer, The anointed one, Lawless etc... I would see that quite often when I tuned in to Right Wing news. Then you would hear them refer to some like Governor Palin the correct way or former Presidents the correct way.

So to do what you are suggesting would be nothing new imo bc quite a few have never seen him or ever respected him as the President/CIC so they never called him that. That's why sometimes when I respond on here I put PRESIDENT in caps bc quite a few ppl don't put that lable there and that's going some years back. So it wouldn't be surprising and it would be far from new bc from my observations and quite a few other peoples President Obama has been branded everything but a President since 2009 I clearly remember that. Surely it will continue until 2016 and maybe even days after.

·
He of Long Wind
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For six years he's a mom pants wearing pussy and now he's an evil overlord. You all wanted him to be like Putin, remember? :lmao
No. I never thought that. I actually believed (in) him six years ago.

And with all due respect, I think we're past the part where we can dismiss the overt improprieties as phony scandals or silly right-wing conspiracies. The Obama honeymoon is officially over. More to the point, the disaster path of this presidency will literally take a decade (and trillions) to clean-up ... presuming the damage isn't permanent. I find nothing laughable about that. This is my country too.

·
Registered
11,184 Posts
I know people have various answers on this Mike but when you say that it will take decade to clean up are you talking about this immigration topic, the rate of unemployment over the years, the job market over the years, the deficit which use to be a Huge topic, or the health care topic. So is it the immigration thing that he is destroying or is it our economy that will need some serious recovery?

---------- Post added at 01:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 AM ----------

For six years he's a mom pants wearing pussy and now he's an evil overlord. You all wanted him to be like Putin, remember? :lmao
I remember people in this section posting those silly pictures of Putin riding a horse with no shirt and comparing him to the President saying the President wasn't alpha enough and didn't have balls and all of that crap.

·
He of Long Wind
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know people have various answers on this Mike but when you say that it will take decade to clean up are you talking about this immigration topic, the rate of unemployment over the years, the job market over the years, the deficit which use to be a Huge topic, or the health care topic. So is it the immigration thing that he is destroying or is it our economy that will need some serious recovery.
Some years ago, when gas prices first spiked over $4.00/gal, we could really see the strain on our employees. Their lifted 4x4 pick-up trucks, which seemed fantastic at $2.09 a gallon, we're now a serious liability at $4.25 a gallon. So we decided to do something nice – and provide some temporary relief. Our company started purchasing pre-paid $20 gas cards from the local Speedway Station – lots and lots of them. And we started distributing them to employees each week. We played friendly games for them, had little competitions, gave them away for birthdays, used them to reward someone for doing an exceptional job, etc. Everyone was very appreciative and thankful for the help and the little extra perk.

This went on for some time, and as you might imagine, maintaining the effort wasn't cheap (or permanently sustainable for our budget). Luckily, gas prices began to ease back down and we began to curtail the program. Employees bristled. When we finally announced the end of the free gas-card program, something strange happened. The same people who had been so appreciative and thankful for all the free gas suddenly treated us like the enemy - flaming pissed . From their perspective they had been screwed by the company – we had taken away from them. One young man even came directly into my office and demanded to know “how the company was going to compensate him for his loss of benefits.”

Quite unexpectedly – our “something nice” had become an entitlement. Once our employees began to regularly receive coupons for free-gas, they no longer saw those giveaways as an “extra.” They began to believe they were entitled to receive them in perpetuity. Now we weren't lending a helping hand, we were stripping away their livelihood. Now it was a cutback – corporate greed – an attack on the worker. Get it? Despite our good and charitable intentions, we could not unring that bell. To save the peace, we ultimately had to give hourly raises across the board – and frankly, some employees were still pissed about it even then (a few people even quit over the issue). That was the last time we were stupid enough to do that - or anything like that.

The point is, when people begin to receive things they didn't earn, they stop assuming personal responsibility for those things. And once that happens, it's psychologically devastating to reverse. So what do you think is going to happen when the nation finally realizes that we cannot financially sustain all of these entitlements with only 44.4% of us working? Do we think 47,000,000 Americans will just agree to cut-up their EBT/SNAP cards? Do we think 40,000,000 people receiving free and reduced-cost healthcare will just return to the Emergency Rooms when they feel sick? And don't forget about those 5,000,000 new Americans. They'll need plenty of free stuff too. But what do you think might happen when all that free stuff comes to an end … as mathematically it must.

In 2013, the federal government collected $2.77 trillion and spent $3.45 trillion, according to the latest update from the U.S. Treasury Department. Entitlement programs accounted for about $2.34 trillion and interest on the $17 trillion federal debt was $221 billion. Taken together, that figure represented 92% of federal revenues, which means we are borrowing virtually all of the money needed to run and protect the country. And it's getting worse by the minute. As more and more people board the entitlement train, that 44.4% will drop even lower – lowering the tax base – lowering the GDP - adding more to the entitlement load – increasing the deficit, the debt, the interest on the debt, etc. The death spiral. Until eventually – likely one day in OUR lifetime - the interest line will meet the revenue line ...and then it's game over. Frankly, I think it's already a mathematical certainty without immediate and sweeping entitlement reforms (which won't happen with Obama in the White House).

Call it an inconvenient truth, but social do-goodery is bad business. Americans are supposed to support the government – not the other way around. And instead of making the problem better, Obama has decidedly made it worse. And when the U.S. financial Armageddon happens, and the national credit card is finally maxed-out, entitlement programs will summarily implode (along with civil order). So I ask you again, how do you think everyone will take the bad news? What do you think people will do? Post a snarky Facebook update? Make signs and organize a protest march?

I would love to be there to hear Al Sharpton's speech, but I'll be busy learning Chinese. I want to make a good impression at my new employer.

·
Pawsitively sexy
10,564 Posts
No. I never thought that. I actually believed (in) him six years ago.

And with all due respect, I think we're past the part where we can dismiss the overt improprieties as phony scandals or silly right-wing conspiracies. The Obama honeymoon is officially over. More to the point, the disaster path of this presidency will literally take a decade (and trillions) to clean-up ... presuming the damage isn't permanent. I find nothing laughable about that. This is my country too.
That wasn't me defending Obama. That was me mocking what was a not so uncommon opinion on here, and coincidentally (or maybe not) an opinion that certainly got its day in media outlets such as Fox News. This country is ****ed up and blaming one person is only going to end in disappointment for you when nothing will have changed for the better in 10 years.

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
The weird thing about that and you even see it on here and especially on cable news for some years since 2009 they and quite a few ppl on here have never referred to the President as President Obama. it was always Obama, Obummer, The anointed one, Lawless etc... I would see that quite often when I tuned in to Right Wing news. Then you would hear them refer to some like Governor Palin the correct way or former Presidents the correct way.
That's an awfully narrow and misleading statement. I know you've been cheering for O the last 8 years and have been particularly sensitive, but let's be honest-

While conservative talk radio has been particularly critical and insulting, which that's kind of their whole schtick, it's like expecting Howard Stern to not talk about dicks and boobs all day, he has been absolutely handled with kid gloves in the media. Up until lately it was almost sacrilege to criticize him. Meanwhile they've taken Palin to task for being an idiot, McCain being too old, Boehner for being too tan, Romney for being some rich asshole, Cheney for being literally Hitler, Bush for being a blithering idiot...I could go on. Mocking Bush was almost a national pastime. To say that they've been particularly harsh on Obama is plain false. While a few radio shows have been critical, on average I would say he's gotten very favorable coverage, much better than Bush, but not quite as good as Clinton's first 6 years.

Also I thought Hillary was "the chosen one." :headscratcher: Which honestly speaks more to the media choosing her as the next president 4 years early than anything else.

So...you're saying we need to send some soldiers on vacation to Ontario to protect the ethnic Americans there? :hidinghere:

To be honest his actions, along with an even more spineless Europe, have emboldened many of our enemies, including Russia. I will point out that sanctions are putting a hurt on their economy, but that's certainly not curbing their actions, at least for now.

In my opinion, I think regardless of party, congress keeping the executive branch in check is critical. I think this is going to be one of those things kids will be reading about in their social studies books in a few decades. Rather than trying to spin this as an emperor or obstructionist congress, I see this as checks and balances working as intended.

·
Registered
11,184 Posts
That's an awfully narrow and misleading statement. I know you've been cheering for O the last 8 years and have been particularly sensitive, .
Talk about a narrow statement. I have spoken numerous times about how the office period should be respected and I didn't like the disrespect towards former President Bush when I use to see it. I have been hoping that they would all work together up there and get some things done instead you have a record setting Congress of nothing being done.

So it wasn't about "cheering" for PRESIDENT Obama "O" I would often speak on disrespect towards the office even though beyond politics socially things did and were kind of weird towards this President for various reasons. And that was before he even took office speaking of 8 years ago I wasn't in the states then but the writings were on the wall then about him on the bathroom wall overseas, and there were quite a few nasty statements made and pictures drawn.

So in 2009 socially it wasn't surprising to see quite a bit of that stuff that doesn't mean people including me wouldn't speak on it. Does that mean I'm cheering bc I'm speaking on disrespect for the office? Take it how you wish. Like I have said many times I may not have agreed with things that President Clinton did President Bush did and some things that the current President does but I don't disrespect the person and the office the way that some choose to regardless of that. To each is own I guess.

·
He of Long Wind
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In my opinion, I think regardless of party, congress keeping the executive branch in check is critical. I think this is going to be one of those things kids will be reading about in their social studies books in a few decades. Rather than trying to spin this as an emperor or obstructionist congress, I see this as checks and balances working as intended.
Well said. I'll amend my opinion to second that motion.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Talk about a narrow statement. I have spoken numerous times about how the office period should be respected and I didn't like the disrespect towards former President Bush when I use to see it. I have been hoping that they would all work together up there and get some things done instead you have a record setting Congress of nothing being done.

So it wasn't about "cheering" for PRESIDENT Obama "O" I would often speak on disrespect towards the office even though beyond politics socially things did and were kind of weird towards this President for various reasons. And that was before he even took office speaking of 8 years ago I wasn't in the states then but the writings were on the wall then about him on the bathroom wall overseas, and there were quite a few nasty statements made and pictures drawn.

So in 2009 socially it wasn't surprising to see quite a bit of that stuff that doesn't mean people including me wouldn't speak on it. Does that mean I'm cheering bc I'm speaking on disrespect for the office? Take it how you wish. Like I have said many times I may not have agreed with things that President Clinton did President Bush did and some things that the current President does but I don't disrespect the person and the office the way that some choose to regardless of that. To each is own I guess.
But they can disrespect us, right? Because they do. They sit high and mighty making their big paychecks while the little man like you and me struggle to pay our taxes. That's ok? That's ok to keep paying money into these programs that allow drug-using, 4 babies having, piece of ****, think this country owes me something, non-working ****s? Not to mention what kind of hoops a veteran has to jump through just to get a little help, but don't worry the people who "need" it get the help. Folks that are capable of working, but don't because it's easier to live off of my tax dollars. **** them. **** your **** with people not calling him President Obama. He hasn't earned it. He doesn't have the balls to put hiss foot down and say enough is enough.

While the country is balls deep in debt. He continues to go on these elaborate vacations. You're still in the military right? They stopped your pay twice in the past two years. While you can bet your ass every politician in this great country were lining their pockets. They deserve respect? Get the **** out of here with that bullshit. They don't stand for anyone, but themselves. Especially the man in the oval office.

·
Registered
11,184 Posts
But they can disrespect us, right? Because they do. They sit high and mighty making their big paychecks while the little man like you and me struggle to pay our taxes. That's ok? That's ok to keep paying money into these programs that allow drug-using, 4 babies having, piece of ****, think this country owes me something, non-working ****s? Not to mention what kind of hoops a veteran has to jump through just to get a little help, but don't worry the people who "need" it get the help. Folks that are capable of working, but don't because it's easier to live off of my tax dollars. **** them. **** your **** with people not calling him President Obama. He hasn't earned it. He doesn't have the balls to put hiss foot down and say enough is enough.

While the country is balls deep in debt. He continues to go on these elaborate vacations. You're still in the military right? They stopped your pay twice in the past two years. While you can bet your ass every politician in this great country were lining their pockets. They deserve respect? Get the **** out of here with that bullshit. They don't stand for anyone, but themselves. Especially the man in the oval office.

I will ignore the language so this thread doesn't go sideways but don't talk to me that way and I see what you are saying. But no i am no longer in the military I was medically retired bc of an ambush situation on my 4th deployment. I am still payed through the DOD though and that "they stopped your pay" goes deeper than the President doesn't it and no my pay hasn't stopped in the past two years and I still have an LES. To blame all of the problems that have been going down on one man is too easy when there are quite a few players in the game.

And back to a personal note that I was trying to ignore I don't know if you are still active, officer, enlisted, warrant, ETS or whatever branch I will listen to whatever you have to say but me going from private up to NCO I would have never tolerated anyone coming at me saying some crap like "Get the **** out of here with that bullshit" and "**** your **** with people not calling him President Obama" in short I don't give a **** who you are and what your rank is or if you are a civilian now I wouldn't come at you that way so don't come at me that way and I'm not a gambling man or religious but I promise you and bet a paycheck that if you talked to me sideways like that in person out of the blue I would put my ****ing hands on you guy! Anyone that personally knows me would put money on that. So talk about disrespect.... Get the **** out of here using that language towards me guy!!!!

·
Administrator
33,198 Posts
hey mr. lamb, do you think this thread is starting to get heated?

do you think these guys should cool down and try to stay civilized?

do you think i should give them infractions for flaming?

well i disagree. i'm not going to give them infractions as long as they chill out a little bit. is that cool with you?

·
Registered
11,184 Posts
Will do BWAL I personally should have ignored a few things and kept a level head in that situation. Gonna take a step back and go into observe mode for a bit.

·
No longer Maching out...
3,368 Posts

·
Why not have a Fox?
5,797 Posts
I will agree/disagree with T-lee on the respect situation. I agree that there should always be respect for a leadership POSITION. The president's chair should be respected, and so should he, along with all the other seats in our government. However, if the people in those seats ignore what the people want and demand, then I will no longer hold respect for those individuals because they are not respecting me or the rest of us. Again, I will respect the person if and only if they return the respect and honor the people's collective decisions. I will not respect them when they refuse to do so. I will still respect the position though, and will look for someone else to fill it.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Simply stating my opinion. I wasn't attacking your character T-Lee jus making statements. I use simple, but effective language because I'm simple. If it offended you I apologize. I did not only include the President. I included ALL politicians. I cannot and will not respect people who take a position in politics only to line their pockets and not take care of the politics. Why should I? I'm not in anymore, been out 4 years. Did my deployment, got hurt and got out. It irritates me because I could feed a family with the amount of taxes I pay, but yet there is a struggle for vets like you and I to get help. THAT is my problem with everyone in DC. If the Conus can just say let's keep all the illegals that are already here. He sure as hell can make sure that the tax money that I work my ass off to pay goes to the right people. I don't need it as much as some other warriors that could use the help.

Just a little tidbit for the rest of you out there. Some may or may not know this. An average of 22 vets commit suicide every single day in the US. 22!!!! From all generations of warfighters. Many can get the help they needed, but are turned away by the same people who wanted them to fight their wars. The same people that said they would help them with their demons when they came home.

These are things that everyone in DC can fix. Has it been getting better? Yes, but it's too little too late and still has a long way to go.

I will get off my soap box as I'm ranting and frankly getting extremely off topic. I just feel strongly about those in office and the pathetic job they are doing.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts