Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so after digging and searching for ways to get my motor looking better...yes i said looking better, lol. not so much faster, just look cleaner.

i decided to get the moroso expansion tank, the polished stainless radiator cover, painting the valve covers body color, already relocated my battery to the trunk, ford racing plugs and wires, pi intakes getting painted silver. i've already tucked and hidden 3 vacuum hoses and 2 hoses going to the cai. that made a huge difference.

so i'm ordering all that **** monday and slapping it all on asap, lol. i'll get pics.:)

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Good choice, I'll be doing something similar this spring. My car has almost 170 on it and it running with the original water pump, reservoir (which is leaking a bit), radiator, which I patched this summer. It's definitely time for a refresh.

·
Banned
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^yea i was gonna just get rid of the coolant tank and relocate a smaller one, but i like the look of the moroso one for these cars. anythings better than the horrible stocker. GL with the refresh my man :)

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
lmao, my threads suck! anything else anyone would do different?
If you think your threads suck because of lack of responses, it's more likely the fact that you've pretty much covered everything and we can tell, based on previous post and the condition of your whip, that you know what you're doing. Post of some before and after images and you'll get more responses.

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
A coil on plug conversion will eliminate your coil packs and plug wires. It is definitely a cleaner look. I am thinking about doing it when I put a turbo on because I would have to relocate the coil packs anyway.

·
Registered
151 Posts
deff COP, delete egr also

·
Banned
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
COP is done on mine :)

are your valve covers painted BAB as well, or just the ford color? cant tell from the pice, but they look amazing dude!! sick engine bay!!

what is some things that can be caused by deleting the egr valve? i thought about doing this as well but kinda worry bout side effects, lol.

·
Registered
13 Posts
can someone supply a link to a COP step-by-step for a 96 GT? I'm putting a PI intake on soon, and would like to do this at the same time.

·
Registered
189 Posts
EGR delete will raise combustion temperatures, so you're gauge may reflect that your engine is running a little hotter. Most people that I've seen that do delete the EGR is get a Thermostat that opens at a lower temperature.

·
Registered
356 Posts
can someone supply a link to a COP step-by-step for a 96 GT? I'm putting a PI intake on soon, and would like to do this at the same time.
I did the cop conversion the easy way. There was someone on corral.net that was selling the harnesses all made up to do the conversion. Otherwise I have seen a step by step on here somewhere, should find it with a search.

·
Jedi
279 Posts
Id like to do a clean up on my cobra too. Good idea. Good luck

·
Watch n learn
876 Posts
Egr delete is completely pointless, they're hardly noticeable on a 4.6, just leave it there, no power loss so why do it?
COP is a nice upgrade, surely cleans things up, just costly buying coils, I had MSD before, they look nice and pretty in red.
You say you're painting your valve covers? If so, smooth the fins right out, looks custom.

·
Registered
151 Posts
when i deleted mine the OT raised 5-10 degrees no big deal and it free'd up an essential piece of real estate especially when your doin plugs

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
i will be doing both egr delete and cop conversion this winter. theres a guy on corral.net who makes the conversion harness. i havent bought one yet but it looks reall nice and clean and all loomed up and everything. his names redmonster

·
Registered
151 Posts
theres a guy on SVTP that has the COP harness also

1 - 20 of 20 Posts